My new site created in sitebuilder desktop will not upload

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Resolved, customer able to publish site

I have 2 sites which I created with Sitebuilder desktop. Both of them can still be edited and uploaded directly from Sitebuilder desktop. However, a brand new site which I just started will not upload from Sitebuilder desktop. I click the upload button as usual, but when I do the pages don't show up online at the URL. My old sites still do, but my new one doesn't. Can anyone explain why this is?
Photo of Nick0549

Nick0549

• 340 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Community Manager

• 262,450 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I am sorry, but at this time Sitebuilder desktop is not publishing. The developers are aware of it and seeking a resolution. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
Photo of Nick0549

Nick0549

Thanks for your prompt reply. However, I must correct you in that Sitebuilder desktop IS publishing! I can publish my older sites perfectly. It is just that the new site I created yesterday won't publish. So I guess my question is why can I publish an old site but not a new one?
Photo of Drew N

That is an excellent question. I have not seen any site working since this issue happened. I will see if I can find out more.
Photo of Drew N

Is it the drum lessons site you are having trouble with?
Photo of Nick0549

Nick0549

My 2 NEW sites are wichitabands and wichitadrumlessons. These sites will publish with the online sitebuilder, but not the desktop. My 2 OLD sites are sickmunch and wichitadrummer. These 2 old sites will publish perfectly with sitebuilder desktop.
Photo of Drew N

Well, I see and will fix one issue. All new sites are created and assigned to our new Websitebuilder program. I have converted them for you and will fix the DNS so the domains will point to the right place.
Photo of Nick0549

Nick0549

That makes perfect sense. Yes - please remove wichitabands and wichitadrumlessons from websitebuilder and reassign them to sitebuilder desktop. Thank you!
Photo of Drew N

They are both pointed correctly now, but unfortunately, I can't promise they will publish. Please give it a try and let me know. If you have working sites, maybe that will assist the developers.
Photo of Nick0549

Nick0549

Yup! They both publish perfectly! Thank you so much!
Photo of Nick0549

Nick0549

To be more specific, wichitabands and wichitadrumlessons both publish perfectly in sitebuiulder desktop.
Photo of Stinger

Stinger

• 310 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
My site was created 2 months ago on the Desktop and will not publish so the issue still remains.  Any idea when we will get an update, it's been two days now ?
Photo of Drew N

We are aware the issue remains. Honestly I am not sure why Nick is able to publish. These are the first sites I have seen work since the issue began. I am not able to provide any ETA, but if your site is already online, then you can use Sitebuilder Plus until the developers can come up with an answer.
Photo of Nick0549

Nick0549

It may very well be that I am able to publish with Sitebuilder desktop because the version I am using is one the very first builds of this software. I originally downloaded it around 2012 and have not replaced it with any newer versions since then. Don't laugh, my sites are very pedestrian and therefore I have no reason to update software that works perfectly well lol 
Photo of Connie7227

Connie7227

• 578 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
My desktop version won't publish either ~ it remains "offline".

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.