My entire home page is gone in Sitebuilder! What happened and where is it and who did this?

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

I logged onto Sitebuilder Plus to change some things and my entire home page is missing. It has been replaced by missing images and something that says Fairport Garden Club. The navigation bar/links are all gone as well.
Photo of Chad9507

Chad9507

• 1,738 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Chad9507

Chad9507

I closed out and re-opened and this time i selected the "start from last save point" and it seems to be normal now. But I am nervous that this could happen again. I don't want to lose any work.
Photo of Chad9507

Chad9507

AND speaking of that "start from last changes" or "from last save point," why does it do that every time I open up SiteBuilder Plus? Any time I make a change and publish, I save, but get worried that if I forgot and start from save point I will miss any changes I made that I didn't save. It should never ask me that if I am certain I didn't make any changes after saving. It also doesn't help when you guys go in there and change stuff. I'm just worried about losing stuff. I shouldn't have to worry about that when I am paying for your service.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
It should not do it every time. Only if you had changes that weren't saved. It is possible that something like your security program is doing something to confuse it. You could try adding Sitebuilder to your trusted sites in Windows and/or the security program to see if that helps.

We would only go on to your site if you called in with an issue, and we should not be changing things.
Photo of Brian4612

Brian4612, Champion

• 32,264 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
HI Chad, as Drew has mentioned this option usually means that there have been changes but no save when the programme was closed.  I get it occasionally when I dont like the change I made and forget to delete it and save the page again. As for Homestead staff going onto your website, how does that work?  why would they do that?. They CAN access your account, if you have requested them to, becuase you are having a problem and thats the only way to check and resolve the issue. If it gives you any assurance I have been using Hometead to build websites for over 16 years and I have never worried that staff were interfering with my account. Hope it gets sorted for you.
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.