My email says it's 100% full and isn't working in spite of my having deleted 75% of the old email files and adding another 2GB of memory ...

• Problem
  • Updated 8 months ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

My email says it's 100% full and isn't working in spite of my having deleted 75% of the old email files and adding another 2GB of memory per month to my email account. What’s the point of deleting anything if the system will only save the deleted files in the “Trash” bin and then, to add insult to injury, these files are allowed to take up the email memory that’s been allocated to our account? This is yet one of many system glitches and deficiencies Homestead needs to fix. Furthermore, customers should get a refund for the long periods of time that it takes to get problems solved; I’ve had to go without email service but am being charged for the service nevertheless as if everything were working perfectly well. And, yet, if I don’t pay my bill, my service is halted the very next day. How is that fair or justified? Why is the billing department so much faster and efficient than the IT Department? By the way, I did report my problems by phone to a Homestead staff person (“Adam” may have been the name I was given) who, apparently, very politely ignored everything I said—maybe his mind was elsewhere that day? Here’s me wishing Homestead had a PR Department we could take our complaints to . . .
Photo of Fred0053

Fred0053

• 70 Points

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 35,952 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

I do apologize for the experience you have had with this email address. I do see the emails that you have deleted are still being held up in the trash folder and I have put in a ticket to get that looked at and make sure the mail box is allowing you to manage the storage properly.

Also, I do see that you did add the additional 2GBs of storage to your account but it was never applied to the actual email address. I went ahead and applied the upgrade to dfredf@pre-scribes.com since it was the one showing 100%, if this was the wrong address please let me know and I will apply it to the correct email address. After applying the 2GBs I did see the usage storage update and go down from 100% to 25%.  

If you ever see an issue persist after calling in or reporting it for more than 48hrs, you are always welcome call back in to check on the status of it. In regards to the billing and account closure, Homestead accounts do not close out the day after a missed payment. There is a grace period of 30 days where the system will attempt to collect payment a few more times. If it does not collect payment and goes into the next billing cycle, then it closes after not receiving a payment for the 2nd consecutive month. Again, I apologize about this but you should not have any storage problems going forward, if you do, please reach out. We are always open to hearing your feedback and willing to help resolve any issue you may run into. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.