my customers are getting error messages when emailing me

• Problem
  • Updated 5 days ago
  • In Progress
My customers are reporting error messages and "bouncebacks" when emailing me at my Homestead hosted email account, LYLEPOLYAK@TMAF4ME.COM. If I can get one of them to forward me the error message can you diagnose and fix the problem?
Photo of Lyle4780

Lyle4780

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • worried

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 25,370 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

Yes, if you can provide the bounce back I can look into it. 
Photo of Lyle4780

Lyle4780

I'm waiting on a customer copy of the email, but they said something about an "unrecognized domain" or "blocked domain" error when they replied to LYLEPOLYAK@TMAF4ME.COM
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Okay once you receive it send it over, id be happy to take a look. 
Photo of Lynn1286

Lynn1286, Champion

• 6,146 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
For the first time ever, I was getting bounceback errors.  Just for fun, sign into your mail account and make sure your old messages have been deleted.  I discovered my mailbox was full because I never deleted old stuff!

Photo of Lyle4780

Lyle4780

Mine fills up fast, I have to empty it once a month because it accumulates a lot of spam from vendors looking for my support. My signprinter told me today that he tried to reply to my email this morning and got some crazy error message saying something about "Unrecognized Domain" or "Blocked Domain" I don't know how to use this round cube email well enough to diagnose that. Any suggestions?
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Homestead does offer email storage upgrades if you do not want to have to go in and delete things so often. The upgrades are $1 for 2GBs of storage, $2 for 5GBs and $3 for 10GBs per month.  It sounds like it may be related to their security system marking it as unrecognized, to better investigate we would need to look at the specif bounce back and header or source of the email. 
Photo of Stephen8127

Stephen8127

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I am also not able to receive emails from customers. I asked a friend in IT to check this for me. He does not get a bounce back message and when they pings the mail.domain and smpt.domain the IP address is different everytime? He says this is irregular and will cause DNS failure every time. 
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 24,870 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello Stephen,

There were some email DNS settings missing, I have added those in and the email will be functioning properly shortly. 
Photo of Stephen8127

Stephen8127

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Thank you as for fixing this it is now working!! 
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 24,870 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Awesome, you are welcome.