My charter.net email server is having major troubles. Is there a way for me to set up my email account to work directly through Homestead?

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

I am using my Homestead email through charter.net for years. This year this server is having major troubles. Is there a way for me to set up my email account to work directly through my Homestead Email Service?
Photo of ZDRaines

ZDRaines

• 184 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

I'm not exactly sure how you have your Homestead email set up through your charter.net email server, but we can switch your mail to use on our platform. I would need more specifics as to how things are set up if you would need advice on how to do this.
Photo of ZDRaines

ZDRaines

• 184 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have Outlook Express.  When I first got the computer, the tech told me how to set the email up through Charter as that was my internet server.  What else can I tell you that might help us make the change you mentioned?
Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Are you just needing to set up the emails through Outlook Express? If so you would just follow out guide below. This is for Outlook 2003 so the images may not be 100% but the overall flow should be roughly the same.

POP: https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/how_do_i_set_up_pop3_email_in_outlook_2013

IMAP: https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/how_do_i_set_up_imap_email_in_outlook_2013_when_usi...

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.