Multiple logins

• Idea
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Not Planned
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

Would like to have multiple signs to do website modifications but only one of these to have account access. We are a large non-profit with volunteers who are not personally connected doing website modifications. These individuals should not have access to personal information of the owner.
Photo of Robert6001

Robert6001

• 582 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,796 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
I was able to speak with the developers about this issue last night. Recently, they reviewed this request with a feasibility study.Unfortunately, the report finds that this will not be possible. The system was designed from the bottom up with the concept of 1 account, 1 user, and every facet of the system is based on that simple premise.

The redesign of this concept would require a redesign of the basic design of our whole system, which, I am sorry to say will not happen at this time. I am switching this idea to Not Planned to reflect this new status.

This is not to say that the idea will not be revisited at some point, but for the foreseeable future, we will be unable to provide this functionality to the system.
Photo of Rick5101

Rick5101

• 226 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
So, how do I contact the corporate office?
Photo of Rick5101

Rick5101

Yes, I do.  Why is the phone number a secret?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Our contact procedure has always been to contact support and request a manager. If you want to speak with someone else, you may discuss that with them. The number is 800-710-1998, but I can have someone call you, if you like.
Photo of Rick5101

Rick5101

Yes, you can have someone call.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Will do. Is the phone number on  your account a good number?
Photo of Barry3347

Barry3347

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Yes it is... I will be around all day today and on Tuesday.
Photo of Rick5101

Rick5101

515-270-2252
Photo of EUGENE8849

EUGENE8849

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I just took the time to read every comment and request in this feed and it seems that Homestead has many long-time loyal customers who are all looking for one very important option "multiple user id and passwords which would allow us the ability to manage access to our websites and information.  It also seems that homestead does not value that loyalty enough to prioritize this issue which is a true concern for us all.  after waiting three years from the first time that I went to this feed i am forced to start researching options for a hosting site that will be more attentive to my concerns, can better service my company needs and I hope that will better value  my customer loyalty.     CCRS
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

EUGENE8849, I am sorry and certainly we appreciate your loyalty. We also understand that you may have needs that we are unable to provide. If you read the official response on this topic, you will see that this is simply not possible on our system. It would require a complete redesign of everything from the ground up.

The design is based on single user. If your needs have grown beyond that and you need to move on then we would be sad to see you go, but we are happy for your success and wish you the best in the future. Unfortunately, multiple logins can't be provided. I hope you understand and I am sorry for the news. It certainly is not an indication of us not valuing your needs or opinions, it is simply not possible at this time.
Photo of Kimberly4851

Kimberly4851

• 558 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Sad that you guys would be okay with loosing customers than to fix an issue that is seems like a lot of users are having, I understand that you would have to completely redesign the system from what I am reading this issue was identified 4 years ago...system could have been redesigned several times by now. Thanks for your help and honesty...hopefully you guys don't lose any clients over this....
Photo of Rick5101

Rick5101

I am dropping Homestead at the end of this month.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.