Multiple account users having major difficulties with Homestead loging in and homepage.

• Idea
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Not Planned
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I have multiple account and that does not work very well. I explain: To login into one of my account I first have to delete my cookies because if I don't I got login automatically in the account known in my cookies. I hate that and should not have to delete my cookies just for loging in to Homestead. You should get rid of that automatic login feature. Whoever tought about that does not know much or don't care about current and long time users of Homestead. Secondly, us with multiple account don't know in which account we are logged in because nowhere on the pages it identifies the account. You should include the account name on your pages. thank you
Photo of Claudia7874

Claudia7874

• 442 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • a bit frustrated

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Aubrey T

Aubrey T

• 15,316 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Claudia -

Thanks for writing in and for your feedback. I can see how frustrating that could be.

We'll definitely take your feedback into consideration when planning updates to our website, but here are a couple of tips that might help you out in the meantime.

Logging out: Instead of having to clear your cache if you're automatically logged in, you can simply log out of your account, so you can log into the other accounts. To log out, click on Account in the upper right-hand corner, then choose "Sign Out".

Websites Manager: If you're unsure about which account you're signed into, you can always click on "Websites Manager". That will take you to the page where the website associated in the account will be listed, so you have a better understand of the which account you're in.

Hope that helps!
-Aubrey
Photo of Claudia7874

Claudia7874

thanks for your reply Aubrey. Signing out of the account and signing in into another account does not work unless you clear the cookies. I just tried it. I hope that you will follow that up as well as putting website identifier on each page. Thanks and have a good day.
Photo of Claudia7874

Claudia7874

Is it possible to submit this to the Development team. Every day I have to go in my accounts and every time I have to clear my Cookies to be able to login to my 2nd account. This is truly annoying.

Thanks!
Photo of Claudia7874

Claudia7874

This is still a problem. When I check my accounts it is impossibile to login back into a separate account without clearing my Cookies first. Why can't you just clear the cookies at logout?