MULTIPLE ACCOUNT ISSUES

• Problem
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archiving inactive content

I am having issues with my web pages on my website on Homestead’s Websites Manager, which I have not ever had before in the entire five years that Homestead has been hosting my website.  My web pages on my website are being altered so that I, the website master, cannot edit and/or copy them. 

1) The colored text box on Homestead’s Websites Manager of my web pages does not coincide with the printed copy I make on the Internet of my web pages.

I contacted Homestead’s technical support team for assistance regarding this issue. I spoke with a technical support representative name Jose.  Jose replied that no one else reported having this issue so Homestead cannot help me.

Afterwards, I discovered that when I lengthen the colored text box in Homestead’s Website Manager the colored text box on the published copy on the Internet also lengthens.  So my issue of my web page not coinciding with the printed copy I make on the Internet of my web page is with Homestead.

The following are additional issues I am having with my web pages on my website on Homestead’s Websites Manager:

2) the color-coding function does not do as I command it to and 3) the underline function does not do as I command it to and 4) the font size function does not do as I command it to and 5) the formatting function does not do what it is supposed to and 6) the alignment function changed on my web page called, “Corporate Elite Bully”.  My web page called, “Corporate Elite Bully” is a very long web page (the longest web page in my website). So it took me hours to re­align it properly.

I contacted Compliance for assistance regarding these issues.  An Eric Cervantes @ Compliance told me my issues are technical and to contact Homestead’s technical support team, again.

Meanwhile, the issues are still ongoing.  So how many times must I contact Homestead’s technical support team?

Does any one at Community have a solution to my problem?

I appreciate any help Community can give me.

Thank you.

Elana Laham

Photo of Elana2826

Elana2826

• 630 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 43,102 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Elana,

From the notes from your call with Jose, you two were discussing the images and color being distorted in a "Print Screen". If that is the case, unfortunately we cannot support this. We have no control over how your website displays when it is printed. The color will probably be different on any browser you use, as it is entirely dependent on how your browser and printer read the color codes and what color they match with that.

I have gone on your site editor and tested adding a text box. The color code, underline, and font size did work. If these functions were not working for you previously, this was most likely a temporary issue. I'm not sure what you are referring to specifically about the "formatting function", if you can give me more information about this, I will try to answer this question better.
On the Corporate Elite Bully page, I can see that you have one incredibly long text box. It is the size of this element that seems to be causing this issue. I would recommend not only breaking this text box up into multiple text boxes, but I also recommend separating it into two different pages. This page in the editor freezes on me due to the large size of that text box.

One other thing I would like to mention, the builder that you are using is an older program. If possible, I would recommend you consider rebuilding your site in this newer, more updated program, Website Builder. We have many tutorial articles and videos to help learn this new program.
(Edited)
Photo of Elana2826

Elana2826

• 630 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

To Elyzabeth

Official Representative

Re: Multiple Account Issues

Sorry I did not get back to you sooner.  But I have been rather busy :-).  Wait until you are my age.  The older you get the busier you become and the faster time goes by.  It’s a strange phenomenon of life. 

On March 15, 2019, I suddenly had multiple issues with Homestead’s Websites Manager with regard to editing, publishing, and copying my web pages from my BullCrap Busters website.  1) I kept receiving error messages that said my web page cannot be saved and 2) I kept receiving error messages that said my web page did not get published and 3) the color-coding function did not do as I command it to and 4) the underline function did not do as I command it to and 5) the font size function did not do as I command it to and 6) the formatting function did not do what it is supposed to and 7) the alignment function without my authorization changed on my web page called, “Corporate Elite Bully”. My web page called, “Corporate Elite Bully” is a very long web page (the longest web page in my website). So it took me hours to re align it properly.

And it was not even the black magic of Halloween night! Or the green magic of Saint Patrick’s Day! It occurred to me that perhaps I had fallen asleep and was having some sort of science fiction thriller nightmare.  After all, I was working on Homestead’s Websites Manager during the wee hours of the morning.  But that was not the case.

In the five years that Homestead has been hosting my website I have not ever encountered such an incident.

Regarding all of the above haywires, initially I was going to discuss them with you.  But finally I decided to keep the main issue the main issue. 

The main issue prompted me to first contact Homestead’s technical support team and second to contact Homestead’s management – compliance. For this was the first time ever in the five years that Homestead has been hosting my website that I was not able to make a proper portable document format copy of any of my web pages from my website on the Internet. 

The reason why the main issue is so important is because it is necessary for me to be able to make a copy from the Internet of my website’s web pages for copyright purposes. Every time I update a web page or develop a new web page I have to archive it for copyright protection, which I do by making a copy of it from the Internet.

On March 15, 2019, when I attempted to make a portable document format copy of several web pages from my website on the Internet it did not get copied properly.

The colored portion of the text box in Homestead’s Websites Manager contains all of the text of a web page. 

However, after I published a web page on the Internet and made a copy of the web page from my website on the Internet, only part of the text from the web page appeared in the colored portion of the text box.  The rest of the text from the web page emerged beyond the colored text box in black.

Therefore, the copy from the Internet of the web page from my website did not reflect the configuration of the web page from my website when it was published on Homestead’s Websites Manager.  Thereby, the copy of the web page was not an authentic copy of the web page.

I discovered that in order for me to obtain a proper copy of a web page from my website on the Internet I had to repeatedly add blank spaces beyond the end of the text of the web page in the colored portion of the text box in Homestead’s Websites Manager. Afterwards, I had to restore the web page by removing the blank spaces from beyond the end of the text of the web page in the colored text box of Homestead’s Websites Manager in order to make it, once again, presentable to Internet users.

This was very laborious, tedious, and unnecessary. 

Having stated the above, the shortening and lengthening of the colored text box in Homestead’s Website Manager coincided with the shortening and lengthening of the colored text box when I copied it from the Internet.  So the problem and the solution to obtaining a copy from the Internet of a web page from my website that matches the published copy of the web page from my website in Homestead’s Websites Manager originated from Homestead.  

Regarding the above issue, I contacted Homestead’s technical support team for assistance. I spoke with one of the technical support team’s representatives whose name was Jose. I explained to Jose what the matter was. Jose’s response was to tell me, “You are the only one with this issue. No one else reported having this issue.  So Homestead cannot help you”.  What does my having an isolated -  “Lone Ranger Issue” have anything to do with Homestead helping me resolve it?

You mentioned that my web page called, “Corporate Elite Bully is a very long web page.  It is the longest web page in my website.  That being said you believe that it is the size of this web page that caused the above issue. Eric Cervantes @ compliance concurs with you in that he states that the above issue is a technical one. 

However, with all due respect this is not the case. 

On March 15, 2019, the only thing I did with my web page called, “Corporate Elite Bully” was to put a frame around its one and only picture, which is at the top of its web page.  I did not insert – lengthen or delete – shorten any of its web page text.  From the conception of my BullCrap Busters website the “Corporate Elite Bully” web page has not ever been altered.  As a result, when I initially published and copied from the Internet the “Corporate Elite Bully” web page from my website in the year 2014, I did not ever have this above issue.  So, why woulda, shoulda, coulda I have this above issue now?

For the five years that Homestead has been hosting my website I have housed hundreds of pages on the Sitebuilder Plus, which states that it has unlimited space.  That’s 326 pages from the third edition of the BullCrap Busters copyrighted text, not to mention the 70 “Attention BB Readers” and “Updates” web pages, plus the 86 paged E-Book called “Confessions” I recently added.  Yet, I have not ever had this above issue. 

Apparently, I have weathered the storm for as mysteriously as the above issue arrived the above issue departed.  The abnormal malfunctioning of Homestead’s Websites Manager that I have reason to believe was caused by a manual override by an unauthorized individual – Security Breach of Homestead’s Websites Manager has so far returned to normal functioning.

I have to say that Homestead has the best Homestead’s Websites Manager tools that I have ever witnessed, as far as a web hosting site goes and for the most part a superb technical support team and a great online community where people such as yourself take an interest in helping others.

Thank you so much for reaching out to me.  I very much appreciated your feedback.

From Elana Laham

Webmaster of www.bullcrapbusters.com   

(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.