Mulitple Email Accounts in Open-Xchange.

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I have three email accounts and the old system allowed them all to be open at the same time. Now, I have one open, log-in to second account and it logs out the first one. How can I have them all open at the same time?
Photo of Bob2536

Bob2536

• 508 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You have a couple of options.

1. You could use an email client such as Outlook and configure all email accounts so that you just have one application opened up.

2. You can log into one of the email accounts, then add/configure the others so that they are accessible within the same account. Similar to adding them to Outlook.

If this post helps, please give a "Star" and complete this survey to rate me.

Thanks!

Mike
Photo of Bob2536

Bob2536

• 508 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
If I do this when I send an email what email address will it say it was sent from?
It asks for sever settings and outgoing server settings?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

It will show the same address it was received at. The settings will be the same as Outlook shown below.

Enter your Server Information:

• Select IMAP for server type. (We recommend you use IMAP. IMAP accounts are the recommended option for customers that want to check email from multiple sources (home computer, work computer, mobile phone).

• In the Incoming Mail Server field, enter imap.homestead.com for IMAP (or pop.homestead.com for POP3).

• In the Outgoing Mail Server field, enter smtp.homestead.com.

Enter your Logon Information:

• In the User Name field, enter your email address. For example,

username@yourdomain.com.

• In the Password field, enter the password for the account you want to access

• The port number for Incoming Server needs to be 143.
    Set the Outgoing Server port number to 587.
    Uncheck Use SSL connection
Photo of Michael2719

Michael2719

• 482 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Multiple Mailboxes in same account/view (Like Mozilla).

Is there an update on when we can view all homestead email boxes at the same time. In other words, when I am in my main homestead email, I want to add another homestead email to this account. Drew told me you are working on it. Is there an ETA? Do you have to rely on Mozilla or Outlook to do this?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Please see above. I think this may be what you are looking for.

Mike
Photo of Michael2719

Michael2719

I can't get this work using option #2. I get error messages when trying it using POP and IMAP. One message is that I am trying to use the same email address twice, the other one is something about credentials and provider restrictions.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

There's probably a typo in one of the fields. Below are the standard settings which will work in just about any email client.

For IMAP
Username = Email Address
Password = your email password
Incoming server = imap.homestead.com
Outgoing server = smtp.homestead.com
Incoming port = 143
Outgoing port = 587
Encryption/SSL = Off

For POP
Username = Email Address
Password = your email password
Incoming server = pop.homestead.com
Outgoing server = smtp.homestead.com
Incoming port = 110
Outgoing port = 587
Encryption/SSL = Off
Photo of Michael2719

Michael2719

There were no typos. Those settings work for Outlook and Mozilla but not if you are want to set it up in Homestead.
Photo of Michael2719

Michael2719

Mike, You still have not provided the help that I need to accomplish this goal
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Sorry, we are still working on this.

Drew
Photo of Susan9102

Susan9102

• 206 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am trying to set up my Outlook. I used the credentials listed above. I am getting the following error message:

Send test e-mail message: Cannot send the message. Verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: 550 bosauthsmtp06: Host 24.125.17.209: No unauthenticated relaying permitted

What does this mean?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

First do a password reset to rule out this being a problem. Follow the steps here: https://community.homestead.com/homes...

Next to configure Outlook, be sure to look at the full instructions for your version. Those are shown here: https://community.homestead.com/homes...
Photo of Michael2719

Michael2719

Is there an update yet as to whether we can do this without using an external application like Outlook or Thunderbird?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Sorry, not we still don't have an update. This is something still being looked at but there are some other performance issues that the email admins are very focused on improving right now. I don't know if/when it will be possible.

Mike

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.