Moving items past 980 pixel width and items wider than 980

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

Sitebuilder Plus: I widened my site 1920 pixels.  Now when I try to move items past 980, they all snap back to the left of 980.  Also, any item that is longer than 980 is not possible.  It shrinks it back to 980 wide.  This only happens on items that are not 'on every page' but instead on any item on any given individual page.  Items that are common every page are able to be 1920 wide and do not 'snap' back to the left when moving them.  I want my page to be wider for today's modern monitors and phones.
Photo of SonomaHomesOhio

SonomaHomesOhio

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 70,176 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
HOW TO ADJUST MASTER PAGE SIZE: If you don't have a master page template, proceed to step two. Let me know is this helps.
1.  https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/how_do_i_use_the_master_page_feature
You need to fix the page width. First click on the button between Page settings and Insert. You will see the yellow bar that says changes will be on all pages.

2.  Then click on page settings and set the page width to 980. That is the default. If you previously made it wider, you may need to again.
If you are trying to fill the space out, you may want to center align it, you can do this by clicking the Page Settings, then Advanced Settings, there is an option to Center align this page and setting the page width.
]
MASTER PAGE SETTINGS
Turn off the master page feature.
https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/how_do_i_use_the_master_page_feature

Photo of SonomaHomesOhio

SonomaHomesOhio

Hello, thank you for the reply.  However, that does not fix what I have going on.  As I mentioned, the items on my master page can be moved (with arrow keys) and resized with no problem.  But anything on any of my pages cannot be larger than 980 and they all 'snap back' to the left side of the screen past the 980 mark when using the arrow keys.
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

You need to reconstruct the page to fit.
Photo of SonomaHomesOhio

SonomaHomesOhio

You mean make it from scratch?  Even though my 'common' items have no problems with the new width?  Odd since it gives me the option to widen my page but it is what it is.  Thanks.
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

You can use your content but now your page is wider, you'll need to fill the page with something.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 48,094 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

Could you please give me an example of a page and specific element that you are experiencing this issue with?
Photo of SonomaHomesOhio

SonomaHomesOhio

On my sonomahomesohio.com page http://www.sonomahomesohio.com/, everything from the gray bar up are able to be moved around past 980 pixels with arrow keys.  Everything from the bottom gray bar down are also able to be moved with arrow keys.  But anything inside of that area can be moved with a mouse but not with arrow keys past 980 pixels.  I want to make my thumbnails for photos the next larger size but the thumbnails boxes cannot be stretched longer than 980.  And as mentioned, any entity that is placed past 980:  once I use any arrow key to move it, it immediately snaps back to pre-980.  I don't know how else to explain it.....
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 48,094 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hmm, unfortunately I'm not able to replicate. I can move all elements on the home page of that website all the way to the right of the page and they stay there.
What browser and device are you using to edit this site?
Photo of SonomaHomesOhio

SonomaHomesOhio

The largest problem I have at the moment is the photo gallery page.  No matter what I do, I cannot get the thumbnail boxes to stay past the 980 nor can I make the galleries wider.  I want to take up the width of the page with the thumbnails but it will not let me make those boxes larger.  Same for creating a new thumbnail box.  They will not stretch wider.
Photo of SonomaHomesOhio

SonomaHomesOhio

I got it.  It was something to do with linking the pages together to make a change.  After a combination of trial and error, I was able to get the thumbnail boxes to expand.  Thank you for all of your time on this.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.