Monthly Cost for adding Simple Store to Website

• Question
  • Updated 1 week ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

What is the monthly cost for adding Simple Store to website?
Photo of glendak7622

glendak7622

• 552 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
  • good

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 6,448 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

To add it to your current website in Sitebuilder Plus, it would be $14.99 per month, if you utilize Websitebuilder it would be $9.99 per month. 
Photo of glendak7622

glendak7622

I'm not understanding the difference between Sitebuilder Plus and Websitebuilder. Which do I have?
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

You are currently using Sitebuilder Plus.
Photo of glendak7622

glendak7622

What is the difference between the two. Why does the other receive a price break for Simple Store?
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

The cheaper price is for customers using our newer platform WebsiteBuilder which is a lot more modern, here is some more information about the benefits of the newer builder https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/why-should-i-change-to-homestead-websitebuilder. As far as why they decided to have this new store cost less, I cannot answer that directly my apologies. 
Photo of glendak7622

glendak7622

I looked at the instructions. Am I having to rebuild my entire website? What do I do with my domain name? It's asking me to create a new name. I don't want to do that.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

It would be a rebuild as there is no way to move your information over with the click of a button. Your current site will still be up and running while you are building the new one. When it asks you to name your site, you are creating only a temporary site name. After you create the site you can attach your existing domain to it. https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/how_can_i_switch_my_domain_to_a_new_site_i_built

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.