MOBILE SITE PROBLEM WITH NEW WEBSITE DESIGN

• Question
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
  • (Edited)
I decided to try out a new design for my existing website, but when I did, it saved it as my site and I lost my original one. I had a mobile site with the original site which still pulls up in duda, but when I try to save changes, it says I have to pay for the mobile site now?
Photo of Brenda5104

Brenda5104

• 270 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 11,588 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

If you decide to change the design, unfortunately it does override your content. However, I still see content on the sites on the account. What website were you working on?

Duda mobile does allow access to edit sites that were previously set up without charge. 
(Edited)
Photo of Brenda5104

Brenda5104

i am working on whitehouserealtors.com.   It has content on there because I quickly reentered information back onto it once I realized it took over my original site and all my information was gone.  I did not mean to create a whole new site....was just looking to change the design a little.  Now i guess my mobile site is treating it as a whole new site when it really was not.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 10,248 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Thank you, that makes sense as to why I see content. If you did over ride the content there is not much we can do to revert it back other than rebuilding it. If this was done today we can attempt to run a site restore for a one time fee of $50.

If you do decide to rebuild it I would recommend building it in WebsiteBuilder to get a more modern site as well as the mobile friendly site with the mobile editor built in.  
Photo of Brenda5104

Brenda5104

Thanks for the feedback. What I’m in now says “sitebuilder” is that not the updated one?  I already had the mobile site set up and it went through duda

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Of course, with Sitebuilder you will need to use a third party mobile friendly editor like duda. With WebsiteBuilder which is our most updated builder it comes with the mobile editor included. All you need top do is add a new site to check out the new editor. 
Photo of Brenda5104

Brenda5104

Ok...after recreating it already today...I guess I need to go in websitebuilder and create it once again.  My site still has an “edit mobile site” link to it and opens in duda but now it no longer lets me publish it for free even though it says free version still on my page even though it is not a new site it was just overridden with changes.
Photo of Brenda5104

Brenda5104

Just figured out why it was wanting me to purchase the mobile site instead of it letting me publish as usual.  When I made changes on my site, I had a call us button or form and the mobile button was considering that a premium feature and that is why it wanted me to purchase.  I removed that off of the page and it now lets me publish the mobile for free. Thanks for all the information you gave me. Will probably be changing to the websitebuilder soon.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Yeah, that sounds like Duda may have made changes on their end. Utilizing WebsiteBuilder is going to be the best choice since you are going to rebuild. Here some help to get you started with the new builder. https://www.youtube.com/user/homesteadwebsites
Photo of Brenda5104

Brenda5104

Thank you!
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

You're welcome. If you need any further assistance, just ask here!