Mobile Site issues

• Problem
  • Updated 10 months ago
  • Acknowledged
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

First time using the new editor and I have created two websites.   I assumed that when creating these, the desktop version and mobile version would get along just as they did when using the previous editor.  Huge mistake.  The mobile versions are a train wreck.  

I thought maybe I could redesign the mobile site to be a bit different, but I cannot do anything other than move or hide elements.  

Can someone please help me?  I'm so frustrated after doing all of this work that the mobile view looks ridiculous.  I'm willing to put in the time, I just don't see what tools I have to fix this situation?

The site I'm working on is:  www.birchtreeplace.com
Photo of Amy6613

Amy6613

• 478 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 10 months ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Community Manager

• 258,538 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Each of those added images stacks on the mobile site. It has to reorganize them rather than layer them. Honestly hiding them will be the easiest thing to do, and has the advantage of then speeding up your mobile site. You could also create a single image using image editing software. If it was one image you could then make it the section background which should solve the layering issue, but the image would cover the whole section then, so it might not be very easy to get to look right. I would guess for the header section, you could also add white space on the left to help it fit better, but that also may be tricky.

I'll try to think of some more options for you, and maybe someone else can offer some suggestions.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.