Mobile

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

Does Duda mobile automatically publish every single pages to mobile version or just the one I worked on? When I add a new page other than the one on the left navigation bar, it shows under MORE OPTIONS below the navigation menu. Is there any way to make new pages not appear on the navigation bar? How do I reverse it if I don't like how it looks?
Photo of MikeC

MikeC

• 718 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 67,194 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
In the free version, you need to copy and paste the Redirect HTML in the head using your page editor>page settings>advanced settings>.
Photo of MikeC

MikeC

Thanks. Which question are you referring to?
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

• 43,192 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Click on Pages in the editor, select the page you don't want to appear in the navigation menu and then click on the eye icon to its right. This keeps the page off the navigation, but still allows you to link to it if you want. To reverse you simply click the eye icon again and the page then appears in the navigation.
Photo of MikeC

MikeC

Thanks Susan! Does Duda mobile automatically publish every single pages to mobile version once I click the publish or just the one I worked on?
Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
It will publish the entire site.
Photo of MikeC

MikeC

Is there any way to work around this? I only want to convert few pages of my website to mobile version rather than the entire site.
Photo of William S

William S

When you first set it up, it will convert the entire site, but you can turn off the pages in the mobile version by what Susan said.
Photo of MikeC

MikeC

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Duda mobile.

Does Duda mobile automatically publish every single pages to mobile version or just the one I worked on? Is so, is there any way to work around this? I only want to convert few pages of my website to mobile version rather than the entire site.
Photo of William S

William S

When you publish in DudaMobile, it will publish the entire mobile site and all changes. If you only want certain pages on the mobile site, you can hide the unwanted pages by following Susan's steps in the comment above.
Photo of MikeC

MikeC

I don't want to just hide the page from navatigion menu. Since it will convert the entire site once I publish, if I remove the Redirect HTML in the head using the page editor>page settings>advanced settings> on the pages that I don't want to convert to mobile version, will they stay on desktop version?
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 67,194 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Your Homestead site will not be affected by adding Duda.
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

• 43,192 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Po-Sheng I am mobilizing a client site that is over 100 pages. I'm still learning this thing, but what I did was to take off the auto sync since I only wanted a few primary pages on the mobile. This means of course that any changes made on the desktop site will also have to be done on the mobile, but the sync made such a mess that I really don't want it to sync and mess up the pages I've redone.
To do that open the editor and click on the Gear in the upper right - click Site Settings and then untick the Auto Sync feature. Not sure this is the absolute answer, but it made sense to me!
Once you publish you then just add the redirect link to the pages you have mobilized - this doesn't affect any of the other pages.
You may have discovered this, but any links that are on the pages need to be changed to their actual location. The set up defaults to www.homepageofsite.com
Photo of MikeC

MikeC

Thanks for your quick response, Susan. To make it clear, was it possible for you to only convert certain pages to mobile friendly version by only adding the redirect link to the pages you wanted to mobilize? Do I need to do anything on the pages that I want them to STAY AS desktop version? Also I was just told by Homestead tech support team that If I add the redirect code on home/index page, it will convert the entire site to mobile friendly version. Did you experience this? I just want to confirm before I try. Lastly, you mentioned that 'links that are on the pages need to be changed to their actual location. The set up defaults to www.homepageofsite.com' Could you explain what that means and how to do so? Thank you very much for your help!
Photo of William S

William S

When you set up the DudaMobile account, it will ask for your website. They will then read all pages of your website and make a mobile version. If you do not want certain pages to be on the mobile site, then you can delete the page as shown in the image I posted below. 

The redirect code does not affect this process and is added later. The redirect code detects how the user is accessing your site and if they are using a mobile phone, will change the site to the mobile version
Photo of William S

William S

Also, you can delete a page if it is in the navigation on DudaMobile by selecting the page and hitting the delete page.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.