Missing Website Manager

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

My Homestead account does not have a Website Manager link.  Instead, it has a Store Manager link.  As a result I am unable to create a second website to attach to my second domain name.  My Storefront Enterprise account summary confirms that I have an active add-on for that second domain and the domain has already been created.

What is my next step?
Photo of Dwayne8221

Dwayne8221

• 290 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 66,388 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Select Domains to add your second domain.
Photo of Dwayne8221

Dwayne8221

I have already added my new domain (also from Homestead), and it appears in my Domain Center. In the "Manage Your Websites Domains" section, I try to "Change Site Association" since the new domain also points to my existing webpage.  There are no alternative options in the dropdown menu.

How do I create a new webpage to which this new domain my point?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Your account is a Storefront only account. The websites  manager page will not exist on this type of account. What do you need to do?
Photo of Dwayne8221

Dwayne8221

Okay, what I understand from you is that my account is a Storefront only account.  Do I now need to "upgrade" if I want multiple websites?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

That is correct. You currently have a Storefront account. In order to have websites with us, you do need a Website hosting package as well. How many sites do you think you would need?
Photo of Dwayne8221

Dwayne8221

Okay Drew:

You have my attention now.

From your feedback, it appears that I must change my plan from Storefront Enterprise (unlimited products, 10 MB Storage, 200 GB bandwidth, 1 domain, and 50 e-mail addresses) to Business Plus in order for me to just have multiple websites, or are you suggesting that I need Storefront Enterprise as well as Homestead Business Plus?

Must I contact Homestead Customer Service directly for this?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Dwayne, I am with Homestead and can help you. If you wish to call, you may. 800-710-1998

It depends on your needs. Storefront is an ecommerce solution and can stand alone as a website for you. If you have a need for more sites(multiple businesses), then you would need an additional hosting package to use our Websitebuilder program. There is some simple ecommerce features available for these types of sites, Storefront is our offering for a traditional online store with all the features you would expect.

We have many customers that maintain a Storefront, plus the additional hosting package. If you only need a second site with no ecommerce and it will be small, you may be able to use the starter. The Business package also allows multiple sites. If you have an idea of the number of sites, the expected size and if/what ypes of ecommerce will be needed, we can give you more complete information.

As I said, you may call or discuss it with me. Any of us are happy to assist.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.