missing html file

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

I have an html file that I can see in the SiteBuilder and appears on my website.   However I can't see in in the file manager, nor can I find it anywhere so I can make changes. It is an old file that I've had there for going on 25 years maybe.
Photo of Ron4051

Ron4051

• 352 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 37,352 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

I can see if I can locate the code. What website and page is this on? 
Photo of Ron4051

Ron4051

We'll you must have pressed your magic wand.   I just checked the site (tougas.homestead.com) and tried all the links so I could tell you which ones didn't work.  Lo and behold, they ALL worked; that is the ones I had links to.   In particular the second one titled WHERE WE LIVED AROUND THE WORLD had not been working for many years.  
I tried 2 or 3 different times in the last week because I was trying to do some updates on the site.
The very first one at the top left, when I look in the file manager, I can't find that file: http://tougas.homestead.com/qualifications.html
Yet it works, but I can't find it in the File Manager.  As you can see it's an html file. 

I supposed I could just create a new file and relink it.  I just thought of that now. I could have saved you some time.  You will notice that that site is particularly primitive looking.  It was my first attempt at creating a site when I first joined Homestead in the mid-90s (I think) .  I've learned a few things since.  More recent ones are better but not perfect.  You can see that in http://www.bv34110.com

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Yes, I do see all the links going to the appropriate pages. However, it does look like qualifications was removed from the builder, you may want to recreate it upon a new publish, it may be removed if you publish and override it. If you are looking for a new website design and software we have released a newer builder WebsiteBuilder. It has many benefits and will definitely give it a more modern look. Check it out here. 
Photo of Ron4051

Ron4051

What blows my mind is why that file doesn't show up in the File Manager, yet it does come up as a link.   It must still be somewhere,,,, no?
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

It shows because the version with that page is still published. Once you republish new content the software will see its been deleted and also will remove it from the published site. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.