March 12, 2013 - Outlook problems

• Announcement
  • Updated 7 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

There is a suspected issue that is causing problems with email programs like Outlook attempting to access and send email.

Our engineers are investigating the problem and working to resolve it as soon as possible. If you are experiencing problems using these programs please go to Homestead.com and click Check Email in the top right hand corner. You can then check and send email directly from the Hmail system.

We will update this thread as soon as we know more.

Thank you,

Homestead Community Team
Photo of Angela W

Angela W

• 6,540 Points 5k badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Chris2885

Chris2885

• 164 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
trouble with recieving emails on all on all 6 email accounts hosted bt Intuit,error message from microsoft outlook = receiving report error (0x8004210a)=the operation timed out waiting for a responce from the reciever POP.....

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
trouble receiving emails.
Photo of kim0022

kim0022

• 60 Points
Our email is not working pin # 11954.
Photo of Jerry8672

Jerry8672

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
When opening my Homestead IMAP email account I starting getting following error message on my laptop: "This message has not been downloaded from the server". So, I cannot open and read my emails on my laptop but I can on my iPhone 5. How do I resolve this?

IMAP email account on Homestead--cannot open and read emails.
Photo of Thomas5430

Thomas5430

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Our email is hosted by Homestead and we get an error message that says "receiving error 0x8004210A. The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server.

Our email is not working. Any ideas why not?.
Photo of Terri7572

Terri7572

• 240 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
We are having the same issues. Please solve this ASAP
Photo of Angela W

Angela W

Hi Terri7572,

Are you still having issues? We've gotten word that the issue seems to be resolved. I don't want to update this post unless I know that you have access to your email via Outlook, phone, or other 3rd party email clients.

Thanks!
Photo of Terri7572

Terri7572

• 240 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I just tested the computer that was having issues & yes they are coming through now. Thanks
Photo of Angela W

Angela W

Thanks for the response, Terri! I'm glad to hear your emails are coming through now.
Photo of Angela W

Angela W

We have received the update that the issues have been resolved. Our team verified that our Hmail systems are all functioning normally.

Thank you!
Photo of JCBling

JCBling

• 2,464 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Our Hmail is still not fully functioning.

www.JCBling.com
Photo of Angela W

Angela W

Hi JCBling,

Can you describe what isn't functioning? I know you're a long time user and I value your participation in this community. If you can provide more details I'll be able to pass them on immediately to our hmail team.

Thank you,

Angela
Photo of JCBling

JCBling

Thanks Angela. I have 4 email address, 3 of them are receiving emails and the forth and most important one isn't. johnnie@......
Photo of Angela W

Angela W

When you send a test message- is there a bounce message received for the 4th email address? Have you recently checked the size of the mailbox - if it's full that can cause you to not be able to receive messages. Delete any old or unwanted messages and be sure to remove them from the deleted folder, too. Do you have the email address set up through Outlook or on a mobile phone? Is the problem happening in Outlook/phone and when you check email from mail.homesteadmail.com? Or in one location but not the other?

It doesn't sound like an issue with the IP address if you're able to receive messages at the other addresses.

If you can try those things and let me know about the others we'll try and figure out what's causing the probelm with the Johnnie@ email address.

Thank you!
Photo of JCBling

JCBling

Cleaned out mailbox 2 weeks ago. Storage down to 1/4 full. I do not use any other login than https://mail.homesteadmail.com/zimbra/.

PS Two of the Zimbra email are accessed by our other office in another state. Those emails have stabilized and are recieving current messages. Mine in my office is also working. Hers is in the same office isn't.
Photo of Angela W

Angela W

Hi JCBling,

Unfortunately, we'll need to access the mailbox in order to continue troubleshooting this issue. We were able to check our mail filter and 9 messages have been received at that email address today. I'll send you a direct message so that you can either give us permission to access the mailbox or call into our support team.

Thanks!
Photo of Steve9247

Steve9247

• 124 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Just purchased Outlook 2013 - doesn't recognize POP3 account, have to use IMAP. Chatted with Anthony B to get new settings - have put everything in correctly and tried both 25 and 587 for outgoing server ports and when test is run, keep getting pop-up message with server, user name and password but when I click "ok" it just keeps coming back and the test remains in progress - so, something is still not right - what do I do next?
Photo of Angela W

Angela W

This is a great conversation that's separate from the main topic, so I created a new topic to continue the discussion. Please reference the new topic here: Why can't I get Outlook 2013 set up?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.