Make Sitebuilder and www.homestead.com passwords different.

• Idea
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Under Consideration
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Multiple logins

Homestead should allow to have two different Login passwords: one to access Sitebuilder and a different one to access www.homestead.com. By doing so, we could allow a person to make changes to the website but not to the homestead account such as email passwords. Presently, giving access to a person to make updates to a website allow that person to change the password of an email account and access this email using the new password. For my situation, I make updates to a small municipality website so I have the password to Sitebuilder. However, this password gives me access to the account and email passwords. This is not legally acceptable because I am not an employee of the municipality. Enforcing a different password to access the account would allow that extra security and also more flexibility. >Thanks André Patry
Photo of Claudia7874

Claudia7874

• 442 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Aubrey T

Aubrey T

• 15,316 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
HI Claudia -

I think this is a great idea! Being able to assign different users to the accounts with different permissions is necessary when multiple people need access to the account.

If anyone else would like to see this idea implemented, please "Like" the idea above.

Thanks,
Aubrey
Photo of Claudia7874

Claudia7874

Login to Sitebuilder and Homestead.com with the same password is a security problem where sites are updated by more than one user. There should be a single login to Sitebuilder and a single login to Homestead.com using different password, This way I can give the password to a person wishing to update the website but restricting him/her from Account management such as changes to email password.

Do you think that is feasible?

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Login to Sitebuilder and Homestead.com with the same password is a security problem.
Photo of Aubrey T

Aubrey T

Hi Claudia -

As mentioned previously, this is currently not possible and would take a lot of developer work to have done. However, we do take all feedback seriously and will let you know if and when we have an update on this feature.

-Aubrey
Photo of Claudia7874

Claudia7874

Thanks Aubrey. I am glad to see that my request has received a good ear. I am crossing my finger to see that option available very soon. Presently, my updating work is halted because of that restriction.
Photo of Aubrey T

Aubrey T

We'll be sure to keep this thread updated once we find out more information. Thanks for your patience!
Photo of Claudia7874

Claudia7874

I see that my request seeks no interest amongst the community. I wonder what kind of use this is good for!!!. If the login set up does not change I will have to cancel my account and go with another provider. If I do this with this account I will also do it with all my other accounts.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.