Mailing lists and how do I use them?

• Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

When I go to email manager, at the bottom, there is a "Mailing list" title.
I was wondering how this works for me and how do I benefit from using it. Also, maybe someone can come up with a MUCH BETTER explanation as to how to use it. The instruction are very vague for a person like me and I'm sure I'm not alone. Also, do you provide templates for mass emailing to potential customers or sponsors?
Photo of Carl Harrington Sr.

Carl Harrington Sr.

• 638 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
  • undecided

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

• 39,954 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Carl,

The mailing list is meant for smaller groups that you need to send mail not, it's not intended for email marketing purposes which is why there are not templates (for emails).

To use the mailing list feature, you first create a mailing list (example@mysite.com), you can then add email addresses to this list.

When you want to send an email to the address on the mailing list, you add the mailing list address in the "To" field when composing the email.

It sounds like you're wanting to do email marketing and mass email, so I'd strongly encourage you to look into using an email marketing tool. Doing so will help prevent you from being flagged as spam by other mail servers (if sending out too much mail) and will also be helpful when it comes to creating professional emails by providing editing tools and templates etc.

I hope this info helps, thanks!

Ehsan

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.