Mail to Microsoft domains being rejected

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

Recently, some emails from my address to a Microsoft-based address (using Hotmail.com, outlook.com, or msn.com) are being rejected. Message from the automated postmaster follows: 

host hotmail-com.olc.protection.outlook.com [104.47.18.225]

SMTP error from remote mail server after pipelined end of data:

550 5.7.1 Unfortunately, messages from [66.96.186.8] weren't sent.

Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list (S3150). You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.

[VI1EUR06FT015.eop-eur06.prod.protection.outlook.com]

Photo of Don3623

Don3623

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 48,092 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

What email address are you referring to?
Photo of Don3623

Don3623

Mail coming from don@stellarwoods.com, donna@stellarwoods.com, or don@seniorcomputingservices.com, all domains managed by Homestead. I've gotten rejections from Microsoft servers (but not from gmail servers or others) when sending using any of the three accounts mentioned above.  This happened a couple of years ago as well, but had been fine between then and now.
Photo of Don3623

Don3623

Just now got another bounce-back, this time when sending from don@seniorcomputingservices.com and sending to a Comcast email address. This is the first time I've seen a bounceback of this sort from a non-Microsoft server. This time it looks like the server considered the mail to be spam. Message:  "

host mx1.comcast.net [96.114.157.80]

SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<don@seniorcomputingservices.com> SIZE=79277:

554 5.1.0 66.96.184.6 Comcast block for spam. Please see http://postmaster.comcast.net/smtp-error-codes.php#BL000000

"
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 35,932 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello Don, 

I have went ahead and updated some dns setting that were a bit outdated. However, as Homestead uses a shared email server it is not uncommon to see these types of occurrences. These blocks however were unfortunately set in place from the receiving mail server. If the rejection consists they may need to clear this on their end. Homestead does have an email team in place that monitors these blocks and does rotate out any ip addresses on this list. I would advised re sending the emails that were rejected as the ip address should now have been rotated. 
Photo of Don3623

Don3623

Thank you, Michele. Much appreciated!
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 35,932 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Of course, no problem. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.