mail collector

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Acknowledged
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

mail collector.  I have mail.com mail collector set up to collect my emails from roundcube homestead.  Last week it stopped working.  I reentered the passwords in mail collector accounts and it started working again and then stopped.  I even deleted all the accounts and re entered them. Worked again for a little bit and then stopped.  Mail is just sitting in the roundcube and not sending to mail.com mail collector.  Do you need to add them as a trustee account or something.  I have been doing it this way for more than a year now and everything was fine until just recent.  I feel like I have to constantly check the roundcube now for fear the emails will just sit in there forever. 
Photo of Christine Richards

Christine Richards

• 3,202 Points 3k badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I am not familiar with this program, but it sounds like a simple mail client. What settings did you use? Is it 1 address or all that aren't working?

Christine Richards

All addresses seem to be affected at one time or another and the settings are Server: pop.secure-lane.com
Port 995
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

The pop port for Homestead should be 110. We do not use SSL. That should be turned off.

Christine Richards

I have been using 995 for over a year with no problems. I will try the 110 and see if that works.  

Christine Richards

Message I got when I tried the 110.  Please check the e-mail address and password or the security settings of the third party account.

Christine Richards

So I deleted all of them for a day.  I just put one back in this morning.  After about an hour the emails sent to the collector.  Now it won't work again.  I find it weird that it was working for months and months and now it is not.  mail.com swears everything is fine on their end and it must be you.  I don't know what to do.  round cube since their is no mobile phone app to be able to use the round cube platform on the go easily.  
(Edited)

Christine Richards

Seems to only be affecting the Christine@secure-lane.com now.  The others seem to be working fine.  
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Roundcube is not the issue here. Roundcube is just a webpage to view your email. It doesn't not have anything to do with pop settings. I am not sure exactly how this email client works. I use various email clients in testing every day and am not having any difficulty. I will try to see if I can figure out mail collector.

I am not sure what is going on just yet either, but I don't see any issues on our end.

Christine Richards

Mail.com is a web portal and web-based email service provider
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I am still looking, but if the server was having a problem, then it should affect all the accounts,not just the one. I will continue to look at the servers to see if I can explain it. The reverse is true as well. I can't think what on their end would make some work and not another, except for the settings. Are all the settings identical?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Do you set the mail collector to delete messages from the server? I set up 2 Homestead mail accounts and they seem to be working just fine. I am concerned in the mail collector settings though. It says it saves changes, but when I go back in, the settings are what they entered for me. It doesn't seem to change the setting, but it is still working.

Christine Richards

Yes, once it is collected by mail.com it deletes.  It seems like the emails are just sitting in there forever before they are released.  It could be on the mail.com side I suppose, but they of course say it is you.  Maybe they are not fetching but I am doing everything on my end that I can think of to do.  Some are still sitting in there and never got released over to mail.com.  Weird that it is just this one customer.  Not a single one of emails ever went to mail.com.  
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

That is odd. I am not sure why it is, but I can say that mail collector does not seem to have all the settings a normal mail client would have. It also did not allow me to change the port to 110, which is the setting we use. 993 is used for SSL and that is not enabled on your domain, nor does Homestead support it right now.

Christine Richards

what is weird is that I have been doing it this way with mail.com for I think over 2 years now.  It is just recently that it started doing this.  
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I agree it is. I am not sure what happened. I am still looking, but I will say that Homestead mail settings have been the same for several years. Our servers haven't changed, but I am surprised it ever worked because I can't get the port to change on mine.

Christine Richards

so if I want to just start using yahoo mail, do I just forward all my emails from round cube to a yahoo address? 

Christine Richards

never mind I just read your tips on why forwarding is bad. 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

The best thing is to use a mail client, like Outlook or Thunderbird to check all mail.

Christine Richards

It is the storage issue though.  I think I will just use the round cube exclusively and see if it works out.  I bought extra storage today for it.   Just wish they had a phone app for it too.  
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You can use a phone app, we just don't write one. I have an Android and I love the mail app k-9, which is free. Check out configurations of some clients.
How do I set up a client to check my email?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.