Mac computers and site builder

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I have heard that sitebuilder works best with internet explorer. But Mac uses Safari. I was wondering if anyone has insight on this. I need to get a new computer and I want to get a Mac, but I do not want to create a problem woking on my website. Please if you know anything about this, share your advice.
thanks
Julie

Post here of You may email me me at Julie@JulieOnderko.com
Photo of Julie1608

Julie1608

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
My personal preference is Firefox, which has a Mac version. Chrome is also a good option. Many people have used Safari, but some do have some strange results.

Thanks

Drew
If this post helps, please give me a "Star" and complete this survey to rate my performance.
Photo of Julie1608

Julie1608

Drew, thanks for your input. So in your opinion I should not be afraid to get the Mac computer if I use firefox or chrome?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

No, we have many Mac users. As I said, many can use Safari, but if you have something strange happen, then we will ask if you can accomplish the task with Chrome or Firefox.

Drew
Photo of Julie1608

Julie1608

thanks so much!!!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You are welcome.
Photo of Steven2964

Steven2964

• 234 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Drew's right about superiority of firefox for mac users. I'm terribly disappointed in Safari and Yahoo's "bazaar" look nowadays and caving into the crassest elements of the lowest rung of capitalists, crass capitalists. Ads, ads, ads...before you can even get logged in and when you do, there's no way of being sure something won't happen that'll mar the look of your first page, the ALL important page. S
Photo of Bryan8159

Bryan8159

• 294 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Life is sooooo much better with a Mac. Go ahead without fear.
Firefox still works better than Safari for Homestead.
Photo of Patricia5080

Patricia5080

• 232 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
But Firefox on the Mac is supposedly not supported by Verizon, which is problematic for those of us who access SiteBuilder Plus through Verizon.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I would think that means that Verizon with not offer you support or assistance with Firefox, but you can ask Mozilla. That's just a guess, but you can check with Verizon.

Drew

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.