Locking all elements with "one click"???

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

Is it possible to lock all the elements on the pages, WITHOUT having to do it "one by one"???
Photo of ramah1449

ramah1449

• 534 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
  • tired

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 65,292 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Yes. Use the properties editor.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 7,068 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

You can hold down the shift key and click on multiple elements to select them. Once they are all selected you will be able to lock position for all selected elements from the right. 
Photo of ramah1449

ramah1449

One click....is it possible to just click "one" time. Having to go through hundreds of elements is ridiculous. I only know that a multitude of elements are not locked because when I view the site from a mobile phone...a bunch of stuff of out of order, text covering text, etc. and I try to make a habit of locking every single change I make. It looks terrible. Ok, if there is not a "one click" lock option.....THERE NEEDS TO BE.
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

Sitebuilder Plus is not mobile friendly. You need to build a site using the new websitebuilder.

NEW WEBSITEBUILDER:
Yes you can absolutely upgrade to our new WebsiteBuilder! As mentioned, you can rebuild your site in the background while your old one is still up and running. After you're done, we can switch your domain over. This new builder has a mobile editor built in, so you can also have a mobile site without having to use Dudamobile.

WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE?
SB+ is similar to sitebuilder desktop. SB+, of course, is the new version of sitebuilder and the software operates in the cloud. No need to load the SB+ program on your cpu. The new Websitebuilder is a "Responsive Design" and enable mobile friendly sites to be built with new features like Drop Down Menus. As usual, there are many advantages to using new software. The world is changing and leaving the old sitebuilder behind. You can do some form customization in Websitebuilder, but currently all the options that Sitebuilder Plus has are not there. Drop down menus are only available in Websitebuilder. In Sitebuilder Plus, you would need to do that in HTML.

Photo of ramah1449

ramah1449

You guys are missing my point entirely.
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

I'm just a member but I'm trying to get your message. Are you wanting to group elements. You can group images and text elements. You can group 2,3,4 or an entire page of elements. Press the shift key and select each element you're wanting to group. You'll need to use the group element in the properties editor. However, these groups may not display as such on a mobile phone. That depends on the Homestead software you're using. If you're using SB+, you'll not be able to present the page on the phone as you will on your desktop. 
(Edited)
Photo of ramah1449

ramah1449

There should be a "lock" on the entire page for ALL the elements. Having to select each individual or even a group of elements is a pain. When saved, the entire page should lock. The idea of having to recreate my entire website....the only way that is going to happen, is if I am forced to transfer to another host. If Homestead wants to keep loyal customers they need to make these little changes. I AM NOT GOING TO UPGRADE. REDO MY ENTIRE WEBSITE.....NO!!! Right now, My website cannot even be viewed on a mobile device. Most people do not use desktops anymore. Homestead needs to catch up without making people upgrade. Other sites have mobile conversions!!
(Edited)
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 7,048 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I apologize, there is not a way to lock everything with "one click". I will suggest this feature for you. For Sitebuilder plus sites, unfortunately, if you did not take advantage of the dudamobile conversion when it was offered in the homestead account, we do not have another way to convert those to mobile friendly. You can try this option that was recommended by another user, it seemed to help some customers https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/mobile-friendly-sitebuilder-plus. If you want to utilize the mobile editor Homestead offers, you will need to rebuild in WebsiteBuilder. You will also need to manage your mobile site. The builder attempts to add all the elements as closely as possible from the desktop site to the mobile site but mobile devices require a more vertical layout so some elements may be put in a different place then you want. You can always go to the mobile editor and manage the order or location of the elements.
(Edited)
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

Have you tried to right click the field, all the elements will be selected.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.