Local file vs Published file

• Question
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

ALMOST every time I log in to edit my site, (but not every time) I get the pop up message: "The local and published versions of this file are different. Both files have changed. View Published Copy. View Local Copy."
Then when I try to view local copy I get a "500 error - Internal Server Error" Then I download the published version and continue on to my page.
Am I doing something wrong? the site is cnyal257.homestead.com
Photo of Tim7192

Tim7192

• 70 Points

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 25,370 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

The option to view the local copy unfortunately has been inaccessible for some time however the option to choose the local copy still is active. This message usually occurs if different computers are used to edit the website. If  changes were made in the builder that were not published, I would recommend keeping the local copy. If you're unsure and the published copy is what you want, keep the published copy. You are not doing anything wrong its the program. 

I noticed you have not created a site using our newer program WebsiteBuilder, this builder is way more modern and has great benefits like free ssl and a mobile friendly feature. I would recommend consider using this for the best experience for you and your viewers. If you are interested just add a site to your account to get started.
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.