List of ideas for the development group

• Idea
  • Updated 8 months ago
  • Not Planned
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

I have been using two other popular website creator software i.e. monsite.ca and moncurling.com.  I have realized by using these that Sitebuilder Plus has many drawbacks that should be adressed and resolved.  Here they are:
Logging in has too many layers and is slow
Unecessary window poping everytime asking to start from Saved or Changed point (cannot get rid of it)
Timeout after inactivity is too short (other software that I use dont't time out)
Cannot copy/paste keeping the formats (forced to copy into a pop up window and loosing all formats, color, etc.)
Saving is too slow most of the time
Publishing is too slow

Thanks for adressing these issues.
Photo of andre1708

andre1708

• 1,596 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 34,962 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello Andre,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback and ideas. Some recommendations I have to help alleviate a couple of the things you mentioned here, is first to bookmark your log in screen, you can also have your browser remember your username and password if you would like. This will be a quicker way to log into your account.
The pop up window is a feature used to prevent customers from losing any changes. If that window pops up, there was a change that the system detected that may not have been saved. I can't guarantee this will be able to be removed. 
Timing out after a certain amount of inactivity is a security feature. In the case you forget to log out and/or step away from the computer for the set amount of time, this is strictly to keep your account and information safe from unwanted users. 
The option to copy and paste while keeping the same format is something that would be a helpful feature and I will send a feature suggestion about that. 
When making changes I would recommend working on one page and saving that pages changes before going to a new page and making changes.
For a better experience publishing, you can publish pages directly from the file manager and it will publish a lot quicker. These are just a few tips that will hopefully help for a better experience when building. 

You may or may not know that Sitebuilder plus is very old and is becoming outdated. This is why Homestead has released a new more modern platform called WebsiteBuilder, using WebsiteBuilder will also be a great way to eliminate these drawbacks.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.