Linking to my yahoo email

• Question
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

I have re-opened my business and thus came back to Homestead to recreate my website. Unfortunately, something has changed and I am not able to link to my business's yahoo email. This email is on my business cards and all legal paperwork - so I do not want to change to a domain based email, unless it is a "point to" method wherein what a client sees is the yahoo address. I am using the basic website builder, and have not upgraded to Sitebuilder Plus. My guess is that is what I will need to do???
Thanks for any help!
Susan B.
Photo of Susan2807

Susan2807

• 352 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Lynn1286

Lynn1286, Champion

• 5,760 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Susan-you will definitely want to use the new Website builder which is very nice and all cloud based, so you don't have to worry about software getting outdated.  So when you log in, choose ' website manager' and (based on your plan) you should be able to add a NEW website.  If that isn't an option, just use the trial to get things going and you can then reconnect your real domain name to the new site.  The tools are a bit different than in Sitebuilder, but the overall look is better for today's sites and the mobile version is built-in.  I've been using it for quite awhile now and I really like it.  Stay within the dotted lines for maximum visibility though.  The help feature and this forum will help you navigate through the new tools.  Some are on the left panel and some are within the "sections" you will be using.  Just a note, virtually EVERYTHING is called an ELEMENT now (text, forms, images, files etc)  You should easily be able to use your yahoo.com address for your site.  Good luck!!
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 44,782 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Susan!

I can see that you are using the new builder that Lynn mentioned, which is great. There isn't anything in that builder that will prevent you from linking to a yahoo email though. Can you tell me what steps you took to link that email and describe what error you ran into doing so?
Photo of Susan2807

Susan2807

• 352 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hello Elyzabeth,  I set the email up as a LINK in the pop up box that appears during the creation of this element. A clip of that box is below (and below the clip of the windows tab)  it is beneath the blue line which is its top margin)
I found out that when I use my husband's ipad and click on the CONTACT US link, it will open up his email, no problem. But on my computer (Lenovo Yoga 11 notebook running Microsoft 10 with Chrome Browser ) I get a new tab with the email address in it, which is this: 
but not an email format with which to respond. I hope this makes some sense, it got all wonky when I tried to attach these files.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 12,148 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello Susan,

That is the correct process to set up the email link and when I click on the contact us button it prompts me to send an email to the address listed. The reason you are able to see it function properly on the ipad is because your husband is signed into an email account linked to the ipad that allows the email to be generated. If you are not logged into an email account on your computer it is not able to automatically generate that email. Have you tried logging into an email address on your computer and selecting the contact us link?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.