Link function not working properly on Sitebuilder plus

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

When using Sitebuilder plus tonight, I have linked some pages uploaded from my computer. The proper area is highlighted, I click the link button, select the file from my computer and then it shows that the link has changed positions on the line where I want it. I removed all links (there are 3 on the line, well separated from each other) and relinked the files from my computer. It looked okay but when I published, the links were not there. I recently switched from Sitebuilder desktop and thought that plus would solve my problems. I just have new problems!
Photo of Scott7072

Scott7072

• 286 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

• 43,192 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Scott, you say that when you published the links were not there. Did you try refreshing the page view  just in case you were looking at a cached page?
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 67,776 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Are you linking to items on the same page or do you have another page location? Are you using an anchor link?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Can you tell us what site and page you are working on? I am not quite clear as to what is happening. Seeing it may help
Photo of Scott7072

Scott7072

I finally got so frustrated that I completely closed my web browser. Then, nothing would work. After a time, I could get back into my browser. I re-opened and went to my page but the links were not there. So, I tried once more and the link function actually worked as it should.

I guess there must have been a "disturbance in the force" which caused the link to malfunction for a bit. I don't think it was my web connection as I have a second computer alongside and it worked fine throughout. Oh, well. All is working for now.

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 67,776 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Do you have allot of experience producing links? Many new website builders do not understand how to use the editing menu. Are you okay with the procedure?
Photo of Scott7072

Scott7072

I have been using the Sitebuilder desktop for about 5 years and creating links all along. I just switched to Sitebuilder Plus and it had been working okay prior to this, albeit somewhat more slowly than the desktop seemed to function. So I think I'm okay with it. There was just some glitch in my computer or the system last night.

That being said, I'm about to update some links so I hope that goes well!

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Let us know if you need anything

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.