LIKES AND DISLIKES AND WISHES

• Idea
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Under Consideration
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archiving inactive content

What do you like or dislike or wish Homestead would add to the new sitebuilder?
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

• 43,192 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of lynn7364

lynn7364

• 552 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I was disappointed to see that they removed site stats. I adored those...all together in one click...didn't have to leave the site and get into google which gives me a headache.
Photo of Al8032

Al8032

• 712 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
The possibility to link to other sections in the same page! - I have to do event pages and people can't go  to the event's schedule or location or anything directly from the header...they have to scroll and find. But I've mentioned this and been told there's no plans to include it...
It really is making my pages way less operative.
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

• 43,192 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Can you post your website address please?
Photo of Al8032

Al8032

• 712 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This is an example: http://www.hrwac.org/black-history-month
I had to say "scroll down for" (under the event's date) for the event, our speakers, etc
and the icons were just decorative as I didn't have the option of adding a link to a section further down in the page. But people still called us saying they were trying to click on the icons and they didn't work. So the next time I didn't use them. There  should be a possibility to use the icons with links.. it's on plenty of websites.
Photo of Kirk8006

Kirk8006

• 610 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet but an option for an alternative style 'Mobile Menu Icon'.

By this what I really mean is I see a lot of Mobile websites having the usual Mobile 3 lined Icon along with 'Menu' in text situated beside it. Or quite often you just see 'Menu' without an icon at all.

I know it sounds a little daft but some people might not find it that obvious that the 3 lined Icon is actually the Menu. Hope my explanation makes sense.
Photo of Brian4612

Brian4612, Champion

• 32,264 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Doesn't sound daft at all Kirk. I am pretty up to speed on computers but not on mobile phones, way too complicated these days, so when I first looked at my mobile website I couldn't see the navigation, just the three bars.. took a bit of tapping to find what they did... Dont forget the "older" customer may be using a mobile. So a good idea in my mind. Drew, Homestead tech, does pass these requests back to the developers. Will have to wait and see but maybe another in here has found a way.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Here is a method to link to other parts of a page. It doesn't use the actual "anchor" tag, but it is functional.

https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/how-do-i-create-a-link-to-another-spot-on-the-same-...
Photo of PermaGaia

PermaGaia

• 816 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I just started re-building our 10 year old Homestead website and I've gotta say the new builder is amazing in comparison to the desktop version (never used the plus). It's very intuitive and the look is gorgeous and modern. Just what I've been waiting for. I'm very happy we don't need to move away from Homestead.

One dislike, and has been mentioned in this and one other thread (https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/in-the-new-website-builder-how-do-we?utm_source=not...), is the ability to make a parent page "static" so when the name/page is hovered over the drop down pages show up but the parent doesn't link to anywhere. Most of the posts here are 6 months or older and the other thread is closed so developers may have fixed it and if so please tell me!! If not please work on this!!

EXAMPLE: https://oaec.org/
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Happy to hear it. This is a feature I would also like to see. It is with the developers for consideration, but has not yet been coded.
Photo of PermaGaia

PermaGaia

• 816 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Alrighty, thank you. Will look for it in the future.
Photo of Shirley0987

Shirley0987

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
It would be nice if the Help in Websitebuilder would go to a new window so that the item we are trying to get help with would still be available.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.