Keyword placement in sitebuilder plus

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I can't find where to place keywords using sitebuilder plus. Finding where to place keywords in desktop sitebuilder is easy under Page Properties/Meta Tags. Placing keywords using website builder is easy under Pages/Settings. Where do I place them in sitebuilder plus? Any help is appreciated. Thanks again.
Photo of steve4468

steve4468

• 2,314 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 43,926 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello Steve,

This would be added under Page Settings > Advanced Settings

https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/how_do_i_add_meta_keywords_to_my_site
Photo of steve4468

steve4468

• 2,314 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Thank you. I didn't realize that they weren't really relevant anymore and could cause problems. I still did a quick google on the subject just to make sure. 

I do have a couple questions however. My site was originally built and published for years using desktop sitebuilder and I added/changed keywords. More recently I published the site using sitebuilder plus and obviously from my original question, I couldn't find where to place keywords. Do I need to remove the keywords from desktop sitebuilder, upload then publish again using sitebuilder plus to remove the keywords? Also, if keywords aren't important enough to make adding them to sitebuilder plus websites without using a script as in the link you provided, why is it so easy to add them using website builder? Just curious. Thanks again.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 43,926 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Yes, if the keywords are still in Sitebuilder Desktop, I would recommend you go back into the desktop program to remove them, upload, and republish.

While we know that keywords are not as important as they used to be, many people still feel more comfortable putting those in. This is why it is a feature that was included and simplified in WebsiteBuilder.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.