Keep getting the following message "Unable to update your software, contact support?Help

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Unable to update website due to the above error
Photo of David9655

David9655

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,676 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Good morning, your account is setup to also use Sitebuilder Plus. You can use the online version.

If the desktop program is not updating, then you might have to do a clean install of Sitebuilder.

Make sure you have uninstalled any other installed versions of SiteBuilder desktop and deleted the Homestead folder from C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) AND C:\ProgramData\Homestead. This folder is hidden by default so you may have to type it into the Windows search tool (located under the start button) to find it, or go to the control panel and “unhide hidden files and folders”. If you have changes that were not published, you can move the c:\programdata\homestead to your desktop instead of deleting it.

Once done with that, you can reinstall Sitebuilder by logging in to your account at http://homestead.com and clicking on Websites Manager.

When you open Sitebuilder it will download the published site to your computer.

Let us know if you need anything.

Drew
Photo of David8832

David8832

• 1,190 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
This used to be a user friendly website but lately more faults are creeping in which don't allow full functionality.

I am also having trouble with Site Builder - It loads OK and then says "I may not be able to publish pages"
If I 'uninstall Site Builder ' can I still update my website or is it essential to find the items stored on my PC and save them elseware?
I have nothing pending at present but I do need to update some pages.
Regards, David
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

If you go to the help center in your website account, you can search for "clean install" The directions will show you how to back up your site files.

Drew
Photo of David8832

David8832

I have looked at that but I cannot find my site files
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

What version of Windows are you using?
Photo of David8832

David8832

Windows 7
Photo of David8832

David8832

Can I upgrade to the online version?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

This is the path, C:\ProgramData\Homestead\Homestead SiteBuilder\data\user\Sites

Within the sites folder will be a folder for each website you have, so you would copy each one out to another location. The programdata folder is a hidden folder in Windows 7, so you need to go to folder options and tell Windows to display hidden folders or copy/paste the above path into the Windows Explorer bar.
Photo of David8832

David8832

Would the foulder be called something like _1750421829

Can I drag the folder onto my desktop and then remove the old sitebuilder?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Yes, that would be the folder name with your site files. If you drag them to a backup drive or the documents folder or some other location then you can uninstall Sitebuilder without deleting the site files.

I have added Sitebuilder Plus to the account. Log in to Homestead and click on websites manager and then Edit Site. The first time you load the site it might be a little slow. If you want, during the week you can contact support to see if they can help you get desktop going again.
Photo of David8832

David8832

Thankyou for your help, Have a great Christmas and and Excellent new year
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Thanks, you too
Photo of David9655

David9655

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
The problem was resolved by unloading reloading Sitebuilder. Thank you for all of the assistance
Merry Christmas n Happy New Year

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.