I've updated my site and 3 of the pages aren't publishing, while 2 pages ARE. It's been 24 hrs and I'm getting frustrated

• Problem
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archiving inactive content

Three of my site's pages arent publishing
Photo of Darlene7202

Darlene7202

• 354 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • FRUSTRATED

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 65,726 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Publishing will be prohibited if you've exceed your page limit or your storage limit. Does  your account allows for 25mb of disk space. If you are attempting to exceed that amount, so it will not publish. You may add 1gb of space for $2/month, or you can look in the file manager and see if there are files no longer on a page that you can delete to free up some space. To see your used and remaining storage space, go to homestead.com and log into your account. Click the Account Summary, under My Account. In the page that opens, you'll see your site stats, including the amount of MB used and remaining.
Have you tried a "refresh"? F5.
Do you have a 5 page plan? You may be trying to publish more than that, which is why it won't publish. You can either remove pages to get down to 5, or you can add a pack of 10 additional pages for $2/month.
(Edited)
Photo of Darlene7202

Darlene7202

I will look at the storage issue, THANK YOU!!!  I only have 4 pages. I've checked the files and everything has published.  I've hit the F5.  I've cleared the cache and cookies.  The storage issue is the only thing I was not aware of. Will give that a shot!
Photo of Darlene7202

Darlene7202

this is what it shows for my storage:  MB Storage Space (5120) | Total: (11 / 5120 Used)  I'm new to all of this so I don't totally understand...is this saying I've used 11 out of 5120??
Photo of Darlene7202

Darlene7202

I deleted unused files. It still won't publish three pages.
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

You have used 5120 out of 5120 available. After deleting unused files from you file manager, what is your storage used now? How many pages do you have listed on your Page List? 11 may be the number of pages you have.
(Edited)
Photo of Darlene7202

Darlene7202

Ok, I checked and there were pages titled Blank (I assume I made a mistake in renaming them.  I deleted those files.  But now, when I look at the site (outside of sitebuilder) it says page not found when I click on the pages that weren't publishing before. Did I just make it worse?  After deleting the Blank page files, I have 5 pages, including the home page.  (thank you so much for helping me!)
Photo of Darlene7202

Darlene7202

Storage is now:  MB Storage Space (5120) | Total: (10 / 5120 Used)
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

Have you deleted the blank pages from your file manager. If not, try that and please continue to keep me posted.
(Edited)
Photo of Darlene7202

Darlene7202

yes, I deleted them from the file manager
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

You deleted the pages from your Page List? You'll need to delete any menu links to those pages. What is your website address?
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

After completing this task, you should refresh your browser, using "F5".
Using this procedure intermittently provides solutions to cache and cookie related interference. A browser works by downloading a page to your computer. Browsers will then show the page from your computer as opposed to downloading it every time you visit the page. This speeds up the process and lessens the traffic on the Internet. Depending on the browser, it will periodically check the website for a new version of the page and download it if it has changed. If you don't see a change that you expect, then press F5. That tells the browser to go to the site and download the page now.
Photo of Darlene7202

Darlene7202

I've done the F5 trick several times.  my address is www.darlenewells.com   I deleted the Blank page files from the file manager. I will check the menu links.
Photo of Darlene7202

Darlene7202

now it's saying NONE of my pages can be found. Only the home page appears.  
Photo of Darlene7202

Darlene7202

I must have done something wrong?  everything shows up in the site builder.  Going to check menu links now
Photo of Darlene7202

Darlene7202

menu links do not show the Blank page links
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

Hi Darlene: You need to link your "News Page", "Book Page", "Photo Page" and "Fun Stuff" page to your Menu. 
ADDING A PAGE TO YOUR MENU:
You need to add new pages to your menu? If you don't, they will not be accessible. "Highlight" the site navigation menu by hovering your cursor over the menu and left click one time > The site navigation menu settings are on the right side of your monitor > Select Links > Select "+" > Browse your files and select the page you want to add > select the file and press OK in the command box > Scroll down to the bottom of the settings menu to insert "Page Name" > the new page element will be highlighted on the list > Move the new title to the desired position. 
Experiment with the Site Navigation Menu Settings tool. You can adjust font sizes and spacing.
Please confirm and advise.
Photo of Darlene7202

Darlene7202

Yes, I know how to use the site navigation menu for fonts etc :-)   I followed your instructions to the letter.  The pages still aren't publishing :-(
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

Now, every menu item is working except for "Books". Select the Books page and try adding it to your BooKs menu tab: 
Open the page you're wanting to add > select the menu > you'll find the Site Navigation Menu Settings on the right side of your screen > Select Links > Select + > Select the file you're wanting to add using Browse > Save your selection > Scroll the the bottom of the Settings menu and name your page and Save.
Photo of Darlene7202

Darlene7202

IT'S ALL WORKING!!!!!  WHOOP!!!!  Thank you SOOOOO VERY MUCH!!!!!!!  Wow. I learned a lot!
Photo of Darlene7202

Darlene7202

I notice your business name is Napa.  Napa California?? I'm in Santa Rosa!
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

Hi Darlene: I'm so happy now that you've gotten it all online! Yes, I'm Napa Sew & Vac, in Napa CA. You can visit my store any time you're ready for a new vacuum or sewing machine. We have many other item to share as well. Try my site: www.napasewandvac.com
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.