It is now time to start a class action suit against Homestead,no more paying for service not received,loss of revenue,loss of time,business

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

It is now time to start a class action suit against Homestead,no more paying for service not received,loss of revenue,loss of time,business.
Photo of audrey

audrey

• 286 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of audrey

audrey

lets do it
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

• 43,192 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Audrey I sure understand where you are coming from. This has been so hard on so many people at a time of year when most are counting on the revenue from their sites.

But you and others who are considering this might want to take some time and research just what is involved. I was part of a class action suit many years ago and what a PITA. It drug out for years, tons of paperwork, travel to a different city for depositions and at the end of the day the payout wasn't enough to buy dinner at a nice restaurant.

Before any legal action is taken I really feel that it makes sense for each person to put together what this has cost them and when all is said and done present that number to Homestead. If you can't negotiate a fair settlement then that would be the time to consider legal action, but you might want to consider going it alone rather than joining a class action.

This is all so sad on so many levels.
Photo of Leah3842

Leah3842

• 966 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Amen to that.  On the bright side, look at the taxes we will all save! (;>
Photo of Dave

Dave

• 2,490 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Sign us up
Photo of audrey

audrey

Well said and your right,merry xmas.
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

and a Merry Christmas to you and yours as well Audrey.
Photo of Patsy Ann

Patsy Ann

• 1,830 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Better have some deep pockets.  Endurance is not a little company just starting up.  They are worth billions and don't think for a minute, they don't have their a$$ covered with all this.  I wish they would have waited until the 1st of the year...but they didn't!  So we either stick it out and see how much better our service will be...or move on!  Me...I have too many web sites (40+) and time invested to jump ship, or take legal action. I think it will be okay once they are finished!  
Photo of Leah3842

Leah3842

Mine are okay now.  Yours will be soon, too, Patsy Ann! 
Photo of Patsy Ann

Patsy Ann

Believe it or not...I just kept trying to log in and finally after about 20 tries...I logged in and have been able to update 4 sites.  This is the first time in 29 days.  I am so excited! lol  I am scared to log out...thinking maybe the party is over.  
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

Have you been able to publish? I've gotten as far as getting in and editing, but it wouldn't publish.
Photo of Patsy Ann

Patsy Ann

Yes, have been able to publish tonight.  Only problem is while I was updating a few sites...it would tell me I was not online...when I was.  I would just shut it down and log on again...and then I could publish.  Still has some kinks in it...but better than it has been.
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

Smiling here - work fast girl! :)
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

I think most law firms would take this on contingency. And I'm with you Patsy I think it will be ok when all is said and done. I also feel though that some compensation is due people who have lost so much and hope that can be worked out without a bunch of legal beagles mucking up the works.

Just let this be over.
Photo of Leah3842

Leah3842

They have already said there will be refunds for the down time.
Photo of audrey

audrey

Could you please post where,when  that was said. Merry Xmas
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

Audrey it was actually in a couple of posts that Drew made. You can try doing a search for compensation or refund and see if any come up. The gist is that yes, Homestead has said there will be compensation and to wait until this is all over and then contact them either by phone, live chat or make a private post to Drew in here. I'd go with the Drew option as the phone is nearly impossible, not sure the Live Chat folks really know what's going on. Drew has been our one source of constant contact and has done a stellar job of staying on top of all the questions.
Photo of Hugh

Hugh

• 1,138 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Yes - I think that Homestead is not telling the truth and stringing Drew along. It is like getting the good guy out front and then throwing him under the bus. I told Drew when this is over Homestead really owes him, like an all inclusive paid vacation to a place of his choice. 

I kept my shorts from being in a knot (and I suppose others have done the same) until tonight's ETA that was given to us.

It might help us understand - If Homestead was to put up a live-feed with a few video-cams to show us (if) Engineers are actually working.  

Photo of amydgilstrap3243

amydgilstrap3243

• 64 Points

How and where are we supposed to file for this refund?

Photo of Billy Fishback

Billy Fishback

• 544 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Don't expect any monetary re-funds..big business will probably only credit you a month or two, if that. my thoughts. 
Photo of Jeannie5233

Jeannie5233

• 986 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
People have lost far, FAR more than the cost of website hosting renewal.  Many people have had their businesses completely destroyed.  I've been a loyal customer of Homestead for 12+ years, but what's taken place here and now is inexcusable.
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

Amy, I posted this up above, but guess you missed it.
Homestead has said there will be compensation and to wait until this is all over and then contact them either by phone, live chat or make a private post to Drew in here. I'd go with the Drew option as the phone is nearly impossible, not sure the Live Chat folks really know what's going on. Drew has been our one source of constant contact and has done a stellar job of staying on top of all the questions.

We won't know what they are going to be willing to pay out until this is over and folks start contacting them.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.