Issues changing from Old Website to New

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

I have been trying to change a very old website to a new one that I created for weeks now and whatever I do doesn't seem to work. 
Photo of Marty8318

Marty8318

• 360 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Jay5127

Jay5127

• 200 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have been a customer for 20 years. The new cloud technology that Homestead is now using is deplorable. A huge step backwards.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 14,428 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

What is not working properly? I can look into this and assist. 
Photo of Jay5127

Jay5127

I already know. I can't save and publish because Homestead no longer supports the technology I originally purchased.The only other option is to switch all of my pages to the Cloud technology. But then I have to start out the first page with a template that has nothing to do with my content. The new move was not well thought out. It screwed all of us that have been with Homestead for years.
Photo of Les6064

Les6064

• 8,810 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Jay:

You do not need to use a template just remove all of the image in the template and start from scratch and build you own website.
Photo of Jay5127

Jay5127

I am aware of that, but why not just have a blank page as an option rather then having to prep the page? It was available under the old technology.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 14,428 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Jay, that is correct, you do not need to use any of the template information, you can customize any of the elements and/or start from scratch but you do need to choose one to start. The software you are using is still supported but you have 2000 pages per website on a very old platform which is pushing it to its limits, there also may be an isolated issue on your device from the notes provided when you spoke with support, my apologies. 
Photo of Jay5127

Jay5127

The point is that in order to continue with my websites I will have to transfer them to the Cloud platform. That is going to take months. With all due respect, the platform issue is or should not be an issue for folks who have been with Homestead for many years. We purchased a package that promoted unlimited pages. Obviously that has changed. As it is, if I remain with Homestead, I have months of work to do that shouldn't have been. I use my web sites for teaching. As it is, It is what it is. Thank you for your input.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.