Is there an upadate to sitebuilder?

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archiving inactive content.

I have been using sitebuilder desktop for almost 20 years; is there something available that is more up to date?  I see "websitebuilder", but how and where do I download this new builder?  Do I need to start from scratch if there is something newer available?
Photo of Brian2557

Brian2557

• 300 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 40,396 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

You have two options. You can use Sitebuilder Plus, which is the more updated, online version of Sitebuilder Desktop. This will still have your current site for you to edit, but it will not have many different features than desktop.
Otherwise, you can use Website Builder. This is the newest, much more updated builder with a lot of new features. You cannot edit your current site with this builder, you would need to start from scratch. You would do this by creating a new site. I highly recommend this option as you will have a modern, mobile friendly, secure site.
Photo of Brian2557

Brian2557

• 300 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Thank you for your response. I would be willing to try website builder; how do I go about using it? I don’t see anything on my account page about either sitebuilder plus, or websitebuilder; only “download sitebuilder”. Where do I go to begin working with websitebuilder? Thank you.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 40,396 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
If you would like to try Sitebuilder Plus, go to your Homestead account, click on Websites Manager, and you will see "Edit Site" with an arrow next to it. If you click that arrow, you will see an option "Edit with Sitebuilder Plus"
If you would like to use Website Builder, click the option "Add New Website" and it will automatically be created with Website Builder.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.