Is there a way to get rid of the page links posted automatically at the bottom of each webpage?

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

Is there a way to get rid of the page links posted automatically at the bottom of each webpage? They appear randomly and do not reflect the flow I created on my website.
Photo of paul7881

paul7881

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

• 43,192 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Paul can you post an address of a page where this is occurring please?
Photo of paul7881

paul7881

You can see the problem at the very bottom of all the web pages of www.primeascent.com where it shows page links in small font with underscore.

Appreciate any help you may be able to give me.

Thanks!

Paul
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

• 43,192 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Paul that navigation was either created using plain text or the 'built in' navigation. Either way just click on it and hit delete. If it's plain text each link might be separate rather than one text box so you'll need to delete them all.
You might also want to consider removing the canned Homestead footer and replace it with your own which gives the site a more professional appearance.
Assuming you are using Plus:
1. Click on Page Settings in the upper toolbar - Select Background, Links, Footer - Scroll down and click on Edit Footer - uncheck the Display Copyright Information box. Save
2. Create a text box with your copyright info. Copy and Paste it into all the pages. Move it if necessary so it falls at page bottom. Save

You will have to do both these steps on each page as unfortunately the canned footer doesn't remove universally.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,796 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Actually, in this case, the links you are referring to are created by Traffic Booster. They can only be removed by removing traffic booster from the account.

Drew
Photo of paul7881

paul7881

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled why do the links in the footer show the wrong color?.

I chose the white font color for the links in the footer for each page, yet for a number of pages, the links still show up in other colors while on others the correct color is shown. Why is this happening? I don't even want to show these links, which are randomly labeled and appear unprofessional.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,796 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
paul7881,

Those links are from Traffic Booster and are formatted and designed to be good for search engines. They can't be edited. You can only remove Traffic Booster, which will also remove those benefits.

Drew

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.