Is the new website builder available now?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

I would like to know if the new website builder program is available now? The one that was mentioned to be mobil friendly as well.
Photo of PresentMikel

PresentMikel

• 250 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

• 43,192 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Not available yet, but should be soon.
Photo of Tina2975

Tina2975

• 286 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I'm confused.  I know that I have to build my new website online through the new WebSite builder, but when I try to choose a template on the new website builder to begin, I get an error message every single time.  I cannot get past the template step to start building my site.  
Is this new website builder up and running or not?  If it isn't, is there an expectation of when it will be?  I have a new domain that I want to make a website for now, not in the future...now.  If I have to wait for this for an indefinite time, then I will have no choice but to build one elsewhere.
The error message is:  "Sorry, you have experienced an unexpected server error.

You have experienced an unexpected server error. We are working to resolve this problem as quickly as possible. Please try again later."

Two days now getting the same error no matter what template I choose.

Thank you

Edit:  Sorry susan2829..guess I should have started a new topic.  Didn't mean for this to be to you.
(Edited)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
It is now available. Which site is giving you the trouble and which template do you want to use? You can create a new site too. A small number of sites did not create correctly when we first switched over, so that may resolve your issue
Photo of Tina2975

Tina2975

I have a new site, domain went through yesterday morning.  It is in my list of sites when I log into homestead (cannabodybliss.com), when I click on that site choice the new website builder tab shows.  I click on "choose design", begin to choose a template...select one...and I immediately get a page that says the server error. I have tried several different templates in different categories and the same thing happens. I want to start with a blank basic template and customize.
 I have tried to create a new site by clicking +add new website, and typing in "cannabodybliss" and it says I can't do that because there is already a site with that name.  I don't want to change the name of the site.  I am using google chrome as my browser.  
What am I doing wrong?  This is getting very frustrating.
There is a preview box under the site name when I choose the site from the drop down list,  it is blank, when I click that I get taken to the same server error message.
Thanks for the response!
(Edited)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Use the Add a Website again and create a new site. It sounds like yours did not create correctly.
Photo of Tina2975

Tina2975

That's the thing....I don't want to choose a new name for the site.  I want to use Cannabodybliss...not cannabodybliss1 or cannabodybliss2, etc.  I want the URL to point to the original name; this "cannabodybliss.homesteadcloud.com" until...or IF I upgrade to point to www.cannabodybliss.com.
Why can't I create a site with my www.cannabodybliss.com domain?

If it didn't create correctly, as you stated, how can I uncreate it and start over?  I can't delete the site and start over because it says it's associated with a domain name.

This was so easy with the old sitebuilder.  No problems understanding it.  But I cannot use that. Sure wish I could.
(Edited)
Photo of Tina2975

Tina2975

Here's a new twist.  Yesterday I did manage to begin a webpage, if you go to:
http://www.cannabodybliss.homesteadcloud.com/
You can see that it started.  But it does not show in my drop down box when I try to edit.
Photo of Tina2975

Tina2975

Update:  I actually called tech support a few minutes ago.  There is a glitch somewhere that caused this and they are working on resolving the issue.  Hopefully it will be resolved quickly, but I will wait until tomorrow to check on it.  I had also posted this problem to another page, according to tech support they will probably post there when the issue is resolved.  Thanks for your help Drew.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

So did you originally select a template? We may be able to rename that site then create a new site with the name you want.
Photo of Tina2975

Tina2975

Apparently yesterday during all the confusion of beginning a new site with a whole new program, and problems with domain registering, I was able to choose a template.  That is the one that you can see with the above link I posted.  (www.cannabodybliss.homesteadcloud.com) Today, the whole thing has disappeared from my drop down menu. Tech support says they will have this resolved soon...something about it having reverting over to the old sitebuilder somehow. It's all greek to me....   I will leave it up to them now.  Sorry for posting this twice, I thought the question belonged elsewhere. I will stay here or there, whichever you prefer. 
Will check back tomorrow, have to head for work.
Thank you
(Edited)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

We will get it fixed for you.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I do believe I have resolved the issue. Let us know if you still have a problem.
Photo of Tina2975

Tina2975

Thank you Drew,
I am now able to edit the site.  Time to go work on it.  
:)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You're welcome. Hope all goes well.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Correct. If you happened across the few topics I have added today, they are being taken from our QA environment, but it should begin to give you an idea of how it will look once activated in the accounts.
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

ok I'm admitting to dumbness. where the heck are the topics you added today?
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

Thanks Drew, but guess I'm still lost as I'm not seeing anything showing as per your comment "but it should begin to give you an idea of how it will look once activated in the accounts."
Maybe I need to double up on my smart pills!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

The topics published by Homestead FAQ are all screenshots. I don't have any way to show a published site yet as QA is behind our firewall. Each topic should have step by step, with screenshots.

Here's one. https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/how-do-i-preview-my-site
Photo of Brian4612

Brian4612, Champion

• 32,264 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Susan, I saw Question .....How do i add text?, in my email and thought "I am not going to answer that" and deleted it, the next was How do I edit text.?.. Really? Deleted that one as well... How do I preview my site.?. I though boy, this person is really new... but then the penny dropped.... Sorry Drew... Anyway, Websitebuilder screenshots look impressive, Susan if you have any more smat pills could you share please....
(Edited)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Haha. I am just adding the basics first. Topics will get more advanced as we go along.
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

Laffin - my penny hasn't dropped, so sorry Brian can't share the 'smat' (hee hee) pills just yet.
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

Ok I get it. So instead of the info coming up in a category called New Website Builder or some such thing they are coming up in old categories that pertain to the subject. i.e. How do I add text. Hmmmmmm boy is that ever going to be a challenge - no way you can just put them all in a new category Drew?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

They are in a category of their own, but on the home page it shows most recent posts. On the community home page near the top, click on the categories link. The first one you will see is Sitebuilder Plus, as it has the most topics. If you scroll down to the bottom of that page, you will see Websitebuilder. Click that and only topics assigned to the new builder will appear there.
Photo of Brian4612

Brian4612, Champion

I finally opened one of the emails and found Drews link https://community.homestead.com/homestead/categories/homestead_websitebuilder

It all became clear then, well as clear as it could be for me..I will keep the link for when the new programme is up and running so I can play around with it and learn. I wont remember it all right now.. I used to walk into a room and then forgot what I was going in there for.. Now I go into a room and wonder what am I doing in here!!!

Old training adage I used to use:- Tell me and I will  know, Show me and I will understand, Let me do it and I will never forget.

But I will read through the link myself, just to get an idea.Thanks Drew, like I am not confused enough :)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Haha! You're welcome Brian. We'll do what we can to clear things up for you. There is going to be another learning curve, but it will be worth it.
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

Brian I'm so glad I wasn't the only one 'not getting it'. Was starting to feel like maybe my marbles got scrambled. So now we know where to look for the new stuff. Thanks Drew for making it clear for those of us who have challenged moments. :)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Anytime. We probably won't get any more up today as I am leaving now, but Todd should be lurking around.
Photo of Brian4612

Brian4612, Champion

Drew enjoy your evening, Susan, as always a pleasure to enjoy some light hearted posts. As for "smat" pills I will have you know that I can type over 150 words per minute..... sadly only about 30% are spelt correctly. Looking forward to the new builder and a new challenge. Bed time.
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

laffin for real.  night

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.