Is Homestead.....like Square Space...going to make changes to the Site Builder so that our websites will look good/easy to shop even on Cell Phones?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: • We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed

Website looks good even on Cell Phones?

Photo of Sam Judie

Sam Judie

• 382 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,718 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I think you are referring to what is called responsive design. We've had a few requests for this but it's currently not in the plans to change.  However there is growing popularity for this as it seems to have benefits over maintaining a regular site and a mobile site, so I am really hoping our developers and managers move this direction. 

Mike 
Photo of Sam Judie

Sam Judie

• 382 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Mike....I have been using Homestead since 1999 for over 200 Websites for friends all over the world!  http://www.sam1234.com  ....but it seems Homestead is dragging its feet and deleting features that were great in the past but are now not available or have been changed to include a link to Homestead?  Shame......why does a great product/company have to 'fool around' with their product deleting its value?  ........sigh
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,718 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for your comments.  I realize there are numerous requests for features that have not been developed. Unfortunately there were several plans for upgrades that had to be put on hold. After Homestead was sold by Intuit to EIG, there have been a lot of back end systems migrations and upgrades that must be made forcing several things to be put on hold.  It may take some time but at some point, you'll likely see some expanded offerings and/or different site builder tools.  

Mike 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.