Is Homestead Dying? Customer since 1999 building over 200 Websites!

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

Every week another problem using Homestead Site Builder crops up!  :(
Photo of Sam Judie

Sam Judie

• 382 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Sam Judie,

I understand, and believe it or not, this current issue is as a result of trying to improve things for the long haul. The new data center should be faster and more secure than the old. As you know, under Intuit, not much was done, but fall behind some others. Now, we need to make core changes that will allow us to plow forward again, and unfortunately, core changes can be painful. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience.

Drew
Photo of James7380

James7380

• 1,002 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Sam has a good point here. A few new features would be nice to see once in awhile. Your support to date has been great, but seeing new features would be nice.
Photo of Sam Judie

Sam Judie

Drew.........I liked your answer.....and I surely could not be as diplomatic as you are!

As a long-time user of Homestead and absolutely loving its robust features and ease of use since 1999?  I am certain you are .....fully understanding our frustration!  Its just been a 'Tough Row To Hoe' - I long for the day when Homestead is back on course!

Please convince me that 'day' is soon ..... INDEED!  :) -------Sam

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Sam Judie,

We know how important your businesses are to you and all of our customers. Please remember that YOU are OUR business. You better believe that we are doing everything possible to improve things for you, sooner rather than later. Unfortunately, some things take longer than you want, no matter what you do.

Drew
Hi, I am a user since 1998  for two different website. Frustration is building, we need a definitive answer as when the fixes will be complete. A vague at the end of the month is not acceptable. We looking foolish to our customers, when we cannot update our products in a timely manner. NOT acceptable.
I am grateful for the changes that are being made. But it was fool hardy to charge us more (even though it was only a $1 increase) and then to continually crash the system. We have not been able to make any saved changes since 12-09-2014.
oldironaz.com & ametaslsculptor.com

Bill & Miki
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Abatecola Metal Sculptor,

Can you try using a different browser. Sometimes that can resolve trouble in saving.

Drew
Photo of Peter5053

Peter5053

• 60 Points
I "inherited" the website administrator job from my organization.  Up until then, I had never heard of Homestead.  About a month ago I edited our webpage for new officers and members.  I went into it today and none of the changes I made existed (I am sure I saved my changes).  Who or what do I need to contact to learn the ropes of your product?  I have to agree with Sam as well, you are not user friendly....!  JLW 
Photo of James7380

James7380

• 1,002 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Peter - sounds like you are not "Publishing" your site. If you saved it, try publishing. I think you will see your changes.
Photo of Lucy1250

Lucy1250

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
It seems that updates lately are causing site builder to be very slow and I'm encountering error messages often (I'm a long time user and have built about 30 sites).  In the past I was told that Firefox was the best browser to use - is that still the case or should I be trying a different browser?  I'm desperate to try anything to make using site builder less painful!
Photo of Leah3842

Leah3842

• 966 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I had the same problem and then found out Homestead has been acquired by a major company who is transferring all our sites to their own servers for faster service. Once they index yours, you will see it returns to lightning speed, it isn't you or your browser.  Earlier today I was going to go in and make a few changes and decided to stay off the site so others could make their changes.  Unless it's an emergency, I would wait a day or so if I were you! We are going to have some GREAT stuff when they are finished! (;>
Photo of Sam Judie

Sam Judie

Update....We are exploring Square Space!  I have owned a Yahoo Store since 1999 - www.ArizonaIndianJewelry.com and Square Space seems to be the 'Cutting Edge' of Website Building!  We are excited about a Big Use of Product Videos!  Our new venture www.online-yardsale.com  And I have built over 200 Websites using Homestead!  Homestead is a program I will never quit using! I know their current 'hiccups' will someday just be a bad memory  ---- Sam - www.sam1234.com   
Photo of Borghild8973

Borghild8973

• 582 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
So the new company that have bought Homestead is trying to kill it? It feels like that..

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.