Is email down?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive. If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it. You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

Not getting my emails for the last hour.  Is something wrong?
Photo of Christine Richards

Christine Richards

• 3,202 Points 3k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Christine Richards

Still can't receive emails.  Almost 3 hours now.
Photo of Namoan

Namoan

• 166 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I think so.  I have been losing incoming emails beginning about 2 PM PM Eastern time today.

Photo of Debra6911

Debra6911

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
me too first I got duplicate incoming emails now I am getting zero! 
Photo of Namoan

Namoan

Also getting duplicates.  Just received one email that was sent 3.5 hours ago.

Photo of Richard9458

Richard9458

• 64 Points
Dupes and messages are bouncing back to senders. What's up with hmail?
Photo of Marjorie6219

Marjorie6219

• 184 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Same problem for me... all of sudden not getting expected incoming emails
Photo of Dan8758

Dan8758

• 284 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Christine Richards

Received some emails.  Extreme delay.  I just emailed my self a test and sent to my cox personal, my yahoo personal and to open exchange and received all right away except open exchange.  There is def a problem.  This means I am not getting my customers emails.  Ugh!  I am still waiting to receive the open exchange email and nothing yet.
Photo of Namoan

Namoan

I sent a test message to my homestead email account from my cell phone and see that it has been received six times - sextuplicating?  I am more concerned about whether emails (incoming and outgoing) have been permanently lost and hope homestead will advise.
Photo of Santos8718

Santos8718

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

I thought it was my email system, but I am not getting my emails and some a duplicate also. 

Christine Richards

Where are our answers Homestead????  We are trying to run our businesses here and so you should be too.  Please, please fix this. 
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
We are very sorry for the issues with the email today. For anyone in this thread that is not able to receive email please tell us which email address is giving you the problem so we can take a deeper look at your account.

Christine Richards

Thank you Mike for responding.  I believe it is all of the addresses I have with Homestead.  I am getting duplicates and also delayed emails.  Takes hours to come through.  Some of the emails are duplicated up to 6 times when they do finally come through.  Why does it seem like there are always issues with the email? 
Photo of Shannon6683

Shannon6683

• 96 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Hello, why does it take so long for me to receive emails?.

I have been sending out test emails from different email addresses and it can sometimes take a few hours for my Open-Xchange email address to receive them. Why do I not receive them right away? I will need to cancel this account and go somewhere else if there is no resolution. 
Photo of lsalem238913

lsalem238913

• 184 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Email is down all afternoon and been getting duplicate emails..can't run a business like this, thinking of switching. Know what's going on?.

My email has been down all afternoon and I've been getting duplicate emails..can't run a business like this, thinking of switching. Anyone know what's going on?
Photo of Namoan

Namoan

Why is email down today?.

For the past 9 hours myself and many others (as shown on the homestead community site) have been experiencing missed emails, duplicate emails and delayed emails. There appears to be little or no support from Homestead to these users and no information regarding the severity and extent of the system failure. The company does not seem to provide 7/24 support. What is the problem?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Sorry for the inconvenience with the email today. This issue has been resolved.
October 9, 2014 - Issue with duplicate emails and email delays. (resolved)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.