Iphone 6s settings for email

• Question
  • Updated 1 week ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archiving inactive content

I am trying to setup my email on my iphone 6s. I  copied the settings that I had from my old phone and they are not working. I double checked my password for my domain and its good. I have imap.homestead for incoming and smtp.homestead for outgoing mail, and the port is 993, whcih on my other phone I had a different number. I get thru the steps shown in he commmunity conversations, but cant see what Im going wrong.Help!
Photo of Brooke4836

Brooke4836

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 20,608 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I would recommend deleting the account from your phone and starting over. The settings in the community article are the settings we need on the email for it to work. With iPhones, it has the username and password in the SMTP settings as well, and it says optional, but it is not. Please make sure you have that in there.
Photo of Brooke4836

Brooke4836

Yes I have the optional section filled out. Can you please tell me the official settings just so I am sure? Is the port 993 too?
Photo of Brooke4836

Brooke4836

Also what is the difference between IMAP and POP? 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.