IP Address Block for Google Shopping

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

I am trying to setup my site with Google Shopping. Google has stated the following issue with my data feed...my website provider my intervene. I would really appreciate assistance with this issue. 

Google Statement:
We have checked the website  http://www.wedtin.com  and we are still having issues accessing your site. It seems that we are able to load your site from an USA IP address however every other IP address is blocked and therefore the site looks like it is not working. Can you check with your web company that the website does not have any international IP blockers which is preventing the website from working globally. Please confirm with your web hosting team that the website loads from all locations.
Photo of Nadia6245

Nadia6245

• 484 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • confused and frustrated!

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,718 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I am not aware of any IP blocks at this time but am looking into it.  Can you also clarify what you are trying to do. The site you are referencing does not have, or support any type of data feed to Google.

Mike
Photo of Nadia6245

Nadia6245

I've already setup a Google Merchant account. I've setup my data feed (product) and in order to complete the process and comply with Google. The data feed is strictly an Excel file with my product/company information. As part of the "feed" sheet, one must list your active domain and links to images on your site. Google and I are unable to access www.wedtin.com from either Chrome or IE or Safari, etc. The registered site must be accessible globally. I am unable to access my site from my home computer and obviously Google is experiencing the same issues. Google has pointed out an IP address being blocked. 

Have others experienced similar issues with Homestead and Google Shopping?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

I just got verification that we are not blocking any IP addresses from visiting your site. The only IP addresses that we block are those that are related to fraud issues and they are prevented from signing up. However there are some countries that actually block some websites however I don't thing that his is the problem.  I am able to pull up your site in all browsers.

Mike
Photo of Nadia6245

Nadia6245

Does Homestead block certain international IP addresses? 
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

No, not unless it's as explained above. If an IP address is associated with fraud  but that only prevents them from signing up for an account. We don't block IP's from viewing or visiting your site. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.