Invalid HTTP Issue - AdWords disapproves Ad - first problem in more than ten years. Any help?

  • 0
  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

Google AdWords is giving me "Ad Disapproved" and their explanation is "While going through the account, I could see that the  website still gives an Invalid HTTP response at times. Hence, I would suggest you to please get in touch with your web developer and ask them to fix the Invalid HTTP issue". It's only been an issue for the last three weeks after more than a decade using Homestead. Any suggestions?
Photo of Chris6365

Chris6365

  • 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

  • 0
  • 1
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Community Manager

  • 251,930 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
We will need to research this a bit. We have not made any coding changes in this time frame, so I suspect Google must have changed something. Off the bat, I am not sure what they mean by invalid http response. It is vague.
Photo of Chris6365

Chris6365

  • 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Thank you for your reply. I would be grateful for any further help.


Here is the bulk of Google AdWords’ response:


“If the site is under constructions or is experiencing a hosting breakdown, the system automatically marks the site suspended and disapproves the ads as we do not want to you to be charged for the click, which directs the user to a non-working page


While going through the account, I could see that the website still gives an Invalid HTTP response at times. Hence, I would suggest you to please get in touch with your web developer and ask them to fix the Invalid HTTP issue. Once done, make a slight change in your Ads and reply on the same email thread so that I can get the ad reviewed again on priority for you.”


I lack the knowledge to identify the “Invalid HTTP issue” myself, if indeed one actually exists. The simple website creator interface has been wonderful for me over the many years I’ve used it. So I’m in a stalemate situation.....


It’s been frustrating after so many years of stable service. All else I can think of is that I do have URL masked forwarding from www.englishsupertutor.com to www.chrisoc.homestead.com and I update the website frequently to reflect availability for bookings. But the website updates immediately.


If you can definitely see nothing from your end which may cause the hiccough and is possibly/probably due to their own system change, then I will go back to them and ask them for a response. Maybe their automated system is too fast to disapprove ads.... but if you can recognize any possible cause from your end, I would be grateful for it to be fixed.


Thanks for your time and help with this.


Hopefully, the issue can be resolved soon.
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.