Invalid Email/Bouncing Email

• Question
  • Updated 1 week ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

For over a year I've had customers tell me they got a return email saying my email address is not valid, but I get their emails.  Just yesterday I replied to someone not knowing she had gotten one of the returned emails.  I've even had the same thing happen when I've emailed myself from another email address! It used to only happen now and then but now it's like more and more customers are telling me this. What is going on?  I tried to find the wording, but recently cleaned out my mailbox so they're all gone.  Someone help please!

I am using Roundcube and have had the same Cellphone for 3 years, so it's not (I don't think) anything to do with any of that.... but I could be wrong
Photo of mary9365

mary9365

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 week ago

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 40,296 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

This is happening because you've added a forwarding email on this address, and you set it to forward to itself. This isn't necessary and actually causes issues like this. I have removed this forward for you.
Photo of mary9365

mary9365

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I wonder how on Earth I did that?  I don't remember doing anything--but I'd sure love it if it was that easy and you already fixed it!!  How awesome is that!!  THANK YOU!!!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.