Inserting a blog onto my webpage moves other elements

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

I'm trying to add a blog to a page on my website. I use the "Insert" tool and can lay it out in SiteBuilder with no issues. But when I publish or preview the page, there are elements that move. They are the same elements that I have on every page and it only seems to happen when I add the blog. When I remove the blog, the elements are fine. Please help
Photo of Brian0212

Brian0212

• 428 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
On which page is the blog. We can take a look.

Drew
Photo of Brian0212

Brian0212

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You're welcome
Photo of Brian0212

Brian0212

Any ideas what's causing the problem?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Sorry. I asked someone to take a look at this. I'll check with them.

Drew
Photo of Brian0212

Brian0212

Now my blog isn't loading at all on my page. So that makes 2 issues with the blog
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Brian0212,

The Blog is appearing for me on the page, and I still have the developers set to look at it. They have a bit of a backlog because of the migration going on now.

Drew
Photo of Brian0212

Brian0212

I know you guys are backed up but this still hasn't been fixed. The blog is appearing now but still making elements move on the page
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Sorry Brian, I am have escalated it again.
Photo of Brian0212

Brian0212

It's been over a month now. I would really like to get this resolved.
Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello Brian,

I do apologize for the late reply, but I have fixed the bog page elements sifting. What is happening is that any element that is on the edge of the page(top position of 0 or left position of 0), while on the blog page only is getting shifted. I have fixed the problem by shifting all elements down 1 pixel(if the top was 0) and left 1 pixel(if the left was 0). This is a completely unnoticeable shift as it is only 1 pixel. While I understand this is a workaround for the original issue, we will still get with our development team to find the cause of the issue. The site should be fixed on the published site also.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.