index vs index-contact-request info

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

What is the difference between "index" and "index-contact-request info"?  I understand that the second is the box with the link that I put onto my site for people to request info, but I am confused about the stats that come along with these 2 categories.  It seems that the "index-contact-request info" would show as a stat if someone were to fill out the info and send it in.  However, my stats for both categories is almost the same.  And I am surely not getting that level of people requesting info.  : )  Thanks! 
Photo of cherylhoffman6790

cherylhoffman6790

• 394 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

I also see this in your site stats. This is telling you that the visitor has seen the contact form. Not necessarily that they filled out the info, but the browser showed them the form. This is why it is always the same as the index.

cherylhoffman6790

Ok.  thanks.  and what will show up in my stats if someone fills out and sends in the "request info" form?  how will it be different?  than you!
Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I don't believe it will show if they filled out the form, as it is just tracking who visits the site and what page they are viewing.

cherylhoffman6790

Ok.  Thank you!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.