incorrect site association

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archiving

the site association for my website is not kellyhoulihan.com , the domain i purchased , but instead is showing up as hstrial-kkellyhoulihan54. It has been this way for some time and is incredibly frustrating. i have lost many opportunities as a result
Photo of kellyhoulihan542925

kellyhoulihan542925

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

When you create a site with Homestead, your site is created under a unique name with Homestead before you register a domain. This is the site name, and for your account, it is hstrial-kkellyhoulihan54. If you did not purchase a domain name, you would be able to use this as URL of the website as hstrial-kkellyhoulihan54.homestead.com. The 'Site Association' is telling the domain what website it will take priority over. The way it is set up is correct. The domain kellyhoulihan.com is set to hstrial-kkellyhoulihan54 so it will take priority over that site.
Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
You domain is on a block by ICANN, and that is why it is not loading when you go to the domain. You can fix this issue by following the guide below.

https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/extremely_important_domain_information
Photo of kellyhoulihan542925

kellyhoulihan542925

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
thank you

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.