In Website Builder, can I create an Excel (csv) type 'database' and have certain items from it posted on a page on my website?

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

I have an Excel type 'database' spreadsheet with names, addresses, phone numbers, email, age, membership dues status, etc. for our club (50+) members.  Is it possible to 'link' portions of it to a password protected page on the website, and perhaps only show desired info on that page---basically a roster that would just display the name, email, and phone, rather then actually display all the info within the database?   Privacy is always a legit concern.
Photo of Linda0290

Linda0290

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • undecided

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 28,812 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

Unfortunately, there is not a way to have this information automatically pulled and filtered from the excel spreadsheet. The information can be placed on a password protected page but will need to be created manually using text boxes or linked to an already filtered file or document. 
Photo of Kenneth9111

Kenneth9111

• 1,502 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Do you want the sheet to be interactive?  Or just display information?  If you just want it to display the information, pare your excel sheet down to the data you want to display and save it as a PDF.  I have a MS Access file that I save as a PDF and display a Member List. Seems excel should do the same thing.  You can see it at:   http://www.908x0.com/Members.html  Clicking on Member List takes you to the PDF. Note the warning I have about phishing and why we only display names.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Thanks!
Photo of Linda0290

Linda0290

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thank you for the assistance.  Preplanning on how to approach these things is critical I know!
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Yes it is. You are welcome. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.