I'm still having problems with my email. What should I do?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

We are terribly sorry for the ongoing email issues and not having an ETA for when will be resolved. We understand that email is a critical part of running a business so we would like to do what is in your best interest.

1. If you need an update on the email situation, you can visit the announcement thread here

2. If you would like to set up a new email account so that you can get back to business you may wish to do so through our partner Domain.com. See instructions.

3. If you do create an email account with Domain.com you will need to update your MX records through the Domain Manager screen on Homestead.com See instructions.

This thread will remain open for questions if anyone needs help changing their MX records.

Please do not use this thread for posting complaints or venting. We do understand how frustrating this is for many of you but I need to keep this thread focused on helping customers. If you would like to voice a complaint use this thread.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Rhys3751

Rhys3751

• 186 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
OK then, please answer why I am getting this message and the link "please refer to:" goes to a blank page!

Recipient address rejected: Policy Rejection- Sender address quota exceeded: Throttled (Error code ERR-3375-T) Please refer to http://support.homestead.com/mail-blo... for more information.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Sorry for the confusion, as that web page was temporarily taken down. When we get the email servers installed, and blacklists cleared up, you will no longer get redirected to that page.
Photo of Rhys3751

Rhys3751

What is the answer to the sender address quota exceeded/throttled question?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Normally that is the messaging you get if your account has been flagged for spamming or sending an excessive amount of emails in excess of the normal account limitations. In this particular case it is because of the server issues and the replacement spam filter not stopping the spam on multiple email accounts.
Photo of Shawn2692

Shawn2692

• 60 Points
I just need to know if this issue is the reason we're having problems with one of our email accounts. We have an employee who is receiving multiple "Undeliverable Mail" notifications to his inbox, but it's not him sending anything in the first place.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Yes, but as of last night you should now be able to send without problem. We were able to get the outgoing email routed through different servers.
Photo of Rhys3751

Rhys3751

What is the ETA on the Error code ERR-3375-T sender throttle issue?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Sorry we don't have an eta on that particular code. We won't be able troubleshoot problems at that level until the overall problem is resolved.
Photo of Rhys3751

Rhys3751

Mike: I feel for you as the spokesperson for incompetence, but given this incredible FAIL by Homestead, my ETA for switching to another host for our websites and email services is ASAP.
Photo of Lynne5249

Lynne5249

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am having issues in receiving email. an email sent at 1:30 pm wasn't received until 2:50 am the next day and another sent on 9/23 wasn't received until 9/27. What is going on?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Lynne5249, There has been an issue with the email over the past several days. As a result we've decided it was appropriate to replace our servers and switch to a new spam filter which will be more effective. This a pretty major change so it's taking us a while to get everything installed and configured. As I receive updates I'll post them here: https://community.homestead.com/homes...
Photo of Russ4750

Russ4750

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Any e-mails sent to all of our accounts except for one are still bouncing back to the sender. We're less concerned about being able to send outgoing e-mail (we can control which address we use - we've been using gmail since Homestead is not working) but I can't control what address our clients use to send to us. You've updated that outgoing message issues are being resolved, how about incoming messages?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

We realize that is still an issue. We were able implement a fix on the sending side much easier than the receiving side we are still diligently working on this. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Photo of Linda8343

Linda8343

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
NOT a happy camper!!! :(.

I am having all kinds of trash email coming to my inbox over the past several days! What happened to the customer support number?? I'm definitely not a fan of not being able to talk to a rep in person!! Seriously considering finding another host for my site!! :( ~Linda Klingel, His Heart Ministries
Photo of Katherine9451

Katherine9451

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Homestead - fix the email problem now please.

STILL having email problems. Homestead, you are taking way too long to resolve this issue. Once we leave you for another email, we'll also leave for another website. And there you go. Please put all available resources to work to resolve today - our business depends upon it.

Here's the bounce-back message we get:

elivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

julien@anatomicfitnessnh.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain anatomicfitnessnh.com by inbound.homesteadmail.com. [209.157.71.80].

The error that the other server returned was:
554 5.7.1 : Recipient address rejected: Policy Rejection- Sender address quota exceeded: Throttled (Error code ERR-3375-T) Please refer to http://support.homestead.com/mail-blo... for more information.

----- Original message -----

DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;
d=gmail.com; s=20120113;
h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type;
bh=n8y2CUZJ25E94W/GMXc4JipMclJnLgZv4gnUOxKkD2E=;
b=WgPx0E/rSgS2u/3c+Cogl/swe4T5KUxqCd+jx/n7lQpQ2oI7fNatAeiY97ryfn/WDe
/fc93859pghF8k7gjDmfhE0wRHNzAfl5Z1G73VriJto7sGMjAhXUBN1Wo571D/1bZ/Ym
NUzZ9gBi5NnfHHV5JTVKAtwJvf1pN0mCuSB8o6wS3ADx+4FeXRu/Rj1MtfA2n6iCZZFR
szCZBSPhAd0BOeK9R1xFrx8nanJdET2rucmtz1DH7QDMnYpnThZpnOSY3W/6BUMRw8lU
hFhqJ0li5AenN7kKoyECFejY75hdU/7NL/kRAK5D5kJNuyqjMper9z8yNYn39iUNo2ui
QjEQ==
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Received: by 10.182.60.194 with SMTP id j2mr5643304obr.2.1380285233314; Fri,
27 Sep 2013 05:33:53 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.182.128.132 with HTTP; Fri, 27 Sep 2013 05:33:53 -0700 (PDT)
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 08:33:53 -0400
Message-ID:
Subject: test
To: Julien Selles
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=089e01633baa053e2b04e75cb3fb

testing email
Photo of paul3086

paul3086

• 216 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
slow email portal.

my email portal is running so slow as to be almost unuseable, + 15 sec to delete a small email etc. This occurs in all browsers. other web sites fly but not the Homstead email one. Been getting worse for last 2 wks and reached standstill yesterday. Reboot etc etc does nothing.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Official Response
This thread is now being closed as there have been some corrections made to some of the information and new links. Please refer to: https://community.homestead.com/homes...

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.