I'm getting a 502 error and can't create a new blog!

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

When I try to create a new blog, I get a 502 error.  It says this:   502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server. There is a problem with the page you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. When the Web server (while acting as a gateway or proxy) contacted the upstream content server, it received an invalid response from the content server.
Photo of Debbie0901

Debbie0901

• 322 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Gloria2691

Gloria2691

• 3,296 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
You are not alone....see later posts on the subject.
Photo of Debbie0901

Debbie0901

My entire blog is missing!  I closed Sitebuilder and then re-opened it but my blog is still missing.  Did you do something different?
Photo of Tami7432

Tami7432

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Yes my whole store is missing... 
Photo of Joseph8367

Joseph8367

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Follow  up: YES, the changes were made and published, but the "invalid server error - 502" notice is also displayed on the finished page (I doubt that it is actually ON the page, but probably displayed over it as it is on SiteBuilderMinus)
Photo of Teresa8751

Teresa8751

• 60 Points
502 Error in Raleigh NC as well.  Please help.  Need to update website for meeting next Wednesday. 
Photo of Joseph8367

Joseph8367

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
And I have a workaround for it...... scroll your page to the bottom before hitting "publish."  The 502 notice disappeared from my published page.  Hope this helps someone !
Photo of Tami7432

Tami7432

So has anyone gotten a response? The previous thread from 7 days ago said they're monitoring it?! What does that mean!? I want it fixed not monitored? 
Photo of Phyllis1647

Phyllis1647

• 1,444 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I feel like i am living back in the days of dial-up!!  the loading is slow, opening up homestead is slow, and worst of all is the lack of response and commitment form Homestead. They take your money fast enough.  I am seriously thinking of finding another host.  My living comes from my ability to keep updating my sites.  I live every day with a huge cloud over my head, say a prayer that my sites will be working so I can pay my bills, I truly have developed an ulcer over the past few months. 
Photo of Debbie0901

Debbie0901

Just talked to a Homestead tech person.  He assures me the team is working on it and it might be fixed in 24 to 48 hours.  Really??  Does anyone think that's an acceptable time frame?  We're all losing our website traffic!!!!
Photo of Tami7432

Tami7432

Oh I don't think that's acceptable timeframe at all.  Glad you spoke with someone! I'm researching other website hosting sites now! 
Photo of Gloria2691

Gloria2691

Well, Tami, the only problem is that if you find another host you will have to use another program, such as Wordpress, to design your site.  That is probably what keeps many of us from changing....at least it does in my case since I am not a coder.
Photo of Tami7432

Tami7432

Pretty sure there are non-designer friendly web hosts out there.  I mean homestead doesn't have a corner on the market?! Honestly this website isn't that easy to use. It's so antiquated it becomes cumbersome. 
Photo of Gloria2691

Gloria2691

Tami, yes there are other hosts.  My point is you cannot just transfer your website to another host.  You are using Homestead's software so you would need to create a new website.  If you don't have a big website and are a coder, that is no problem.  But if you have a large website you will need to re-created your website using a program other than Homestead website builder.
Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I do apologize for the errors this morning. The issues should be resolved. Let me know if the problem persists. 

https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/502-errors-2-11-15

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.