I'm getting a 404 error when I type in my URL.

• Problem
  • Updated 11 months ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

I'm getting a 404 error when I type in my URL. The site is published, has both an index and a siteerror404 page, but when the URL is typed in, I get a generic "under construction" 404 message.  The URL is www.PennDefenseIntake.com
Photo of Forest4174

Forest4174

• 190 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 11 months ago

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 54,964 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You may have revised a page or changed your homepage. Use your editor > Page Settings > name your home page: index.html
Photo of Joshua2161

Joshua2161

• 3,540 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
I'm having the same problem.  Yes, I updated my site association, but that shouldn't have jacked it up like this.  I still have a published index page.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Community Manager

• 257,542 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
It appears both of you are logging in and using Sitebuilder desktop, which is fine, but all new sites are created to use the new online Websitebuilder. Websitebuilder sites have a different set of DNS. If you want to use desktop you will be required to contact us to convert a new site to use Sitebuilder and then set the DNS correctly.

Please provide the site names you are currently have issues with and I will get them converted and set the correct DNS.
Photo of Joshua2161

Joshua2161

• 3,540 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
durandnow.com should be using durandnow2.  I made DNS tweaks and my site is back online and email is functioning as it should.  But it's probably a good idea for you to check it out to make sure I didn't break something else in the process.  
Photo of Drew N

• 257,406 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The only thing you missed was leaving the A record for *. That should have been removed along with the www and added as a cname, but that would not cause an issue except in rare cases, but you should still contact us to convert new sites if you want to use desktop. I haven't run into any other issues, but that doesn't mean there might not be some that I haven't seen yet.
Photo of Drew N

• 257,542 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Forest4174, it should be fixed.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.